We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need some help for my return to airport

New York, NY
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
I need some help for my return to airport

After doing a lot of research on this forum, I see that the airport shuttle services are not allowed to do one-way going back to airport.(from the hotel or resort) However, I have to move out of my timeshare after my week and stay an extra night in Los Cabos (was able to use frequent flyer miles to come back on Monday). Thus, I'll be moving from Playa Grande over to the Medano beach area on my last Sunday night, to The Bahia Hotel. (which is why the conventional roundtrip option won't work for me) Does anyone have any recommendations on how we can get a shuttle to the airport going home? Thanks in advance!

Gibbons, Alberta
Level Contributor
543 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need some help for my return to airport

I would contact whoever you will be using to get you from the airport to your resort and see if they can manually book the return to the airport for you. As long as the shuttle company is allowed to pick up at your hotel you should be ok. Or you might be able to book it online as a one way return to the airport too.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need some help for my return to airport

Freddy, this would still be considered a round-trip shuttle. It would just have different drop-off and pick-up points. All the shuttle companies that I have used will do this, but many of their websites don't make it easy. I would just contact your transfer company by e-mail to arrange it.

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,973 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need some help for my return to airport

That shouldn't be a problem, just need to change location. The Bahia isn't one of the non-pickup resorts, just call them ASAP and get the change of resort arranged.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,430 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need some help for my return to airport

We do it that way all the time. The requirement is that you have to book your roundtrip shuttle before you arrive. They don't care where you are being picked up for your return, just that it was booked in advance.

Kingsburg...
Level Contributor
279 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I need some help for my return to airport

Can you book just a one way back to the airport thru a shuttle service? We are renting a car at the airport for a couple of days but do not have transportation back to the airport scheduled. We usually get a taxi at PG but would prefer a shuttle service if one way is possible.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,430 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I need some help for my return to airport

You can sign up for the shuttle right at PG. They just set up a shared taxi- at least that is what they were doing in December. I think they charged $15/pp.

Vale, Oregon
Level Contributor
259 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I need some help for my return to airport

I need some clarification also. I've read a lot about this taxi issue on this TA site but am still confused. Here is my itinerary and information sent to me by my hotel:

arrive 3/6 going to Hotel Mar De Cortez.

3/7 will take a taxi to SolMar.

3/14 check out of Solmar and taxi to Bahai Hotel. 3/16 to Airport from Bahai hotel.

Hotel Mar de Cortez sent me the following inforation. It's long, I know, but it appears to first state that we can use a shuttle service and then reverses it's self by saying I have to take a taxi. Is there a list of hotels approved for shuttles? Can I book a shuttle from Bahia to airport prior to the trip?

You may take a taxi (approx. $60, one way, 1-4 persons), or taxi shuttle vans (approx. $14-$16 ea. one way). It’s about a 45 min. trip…+/-.

After you have gone through baggage claim at the Los Cabos International Airport follow the signs to where the taxis are. You will pass numerous time share booths, tour operator booths and car rental booths, many of whom will claim they are representatives of the Mar de Cortez, or the best deal around…much better than the taxis, etc. PLEASE disregard all of those folks and just head on towards the taxi area. They do NOT represent Hotel Mar de Cortez.

Depending on which terminal you are in, either just before you exit the building to the outside taxi area, or just outside the exit, you will see a counter that says TAXI / TAXI SHUTTLE. That is where you want to be. Tell them you are going to the Hotel Mar de Cortez in Cabo San Lucas and they will give you your ticket and direct you to the shuttle van heading for Cabo. If you have 4 in your group, it is faster and the practically the same price to take your own taxi straight to the hotel. The shuttle vans do stop at other properties along the way. Taxis come in the form of either a car or a van…I am told the price is the same for either. However, for the taxi vans, the price is $60 for 1-4 persons, $15 ea additional person.

For your return trip from the hotel to the airport, tell the girls at the front desk at the hotel 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure what you need; they will tell you times, cost, etc. for your return trip. For early departures from the hotel, you will have to take a taxi because the first shuttle does not come by the hotel I am told until 10:00 am.

There is also a private transfer service, Contact Tours, with vans & perhaps other vehicles for private groups (small & large). Their telephone number in Cabo, when dialing from the US, is 011-52-624-143-2439; their fax is 011-52-624-143-2499. Their email is contac25@prodigy.net.mx. Effective July ’08, these private transfer companys cannot pick you up at the hotel to take you back to the airport. Only the union taxis and vans have that ‘concession’. They can only take you from the airport to the hotel at this point in time. Check our office for updates in this regard.

8. Re: I need some help for my return to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 12:27