We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian debit cards

kingston ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
Canadian debit cards

We are heading to Los Cabos on Saturday, just wondering if you can use a canadian debit card at the ATM.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
1. Re: Canadian debit cards

As long as you have a 4 digit PIN you can.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Canadian debit cards

Hi you should call you bank and let them know you are going so they don't cancel your card.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
428 posts
1 review
3. Re: Canadian debit cards

I didn't notify my bank I was going to Cabo (probably should have...) but I did notify my CC the last time I went. I used the CC maybe two three times...but I used the debit 3-4 times to pull cash out of an ATM near the PB Blanco with no problems at all.

Gibbons, Alberta
Level Contributor
557 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Canadian debit cards

We used our debit cards successfully in Cabo at the mall - Scotiabank machine, (we use a differnt bank at home). The service charges were way lower than we expected and everything went fine. We did notify the bank about our debit as well as credit cards. Nowadays you can't be too safe. We would have had big problems if the bank froze our accounts because we didn't tell them we were traveling to Mexico.

ont
13 posts
5. Re: Canadian debit cards

Does the pin length matter? I have a pin but it's a different number of digits.

Also what kind of exchange rate did you get? I am trying to figure out is I should exchange my money here and lose out on $20CDN or if I should just use the ATM there?

Is there an ATM at the Melia Cabo real?

Can't wait for Saturday!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Canadian debit cards

You need a 4 digit pin. I was getting a little over 10 - 1.

I found it easier just to hit an ATM down there then deal with my ever "friendly" bank.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
264 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Canadian debit cards

Has anyone used the ATM at Sunset Beach?

Exchange Rate?

Thanks

kelowna, BC canada
Level Contributor
510 posts
28 reviews
8. Re: Canadian debit cards

Does the riu palace have an atm?

9. Re: Canadian debit cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 11:20