We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Cabo Real - in April / May

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Cabo Real - in April / May

Hi All,

So I'm VERY excited we just booked a great deal through Expedia and are staying at the Melia Cabo Real Hotel at the end of April / beginning of May. Couple of questions for you experts :)

1. How's the weather that time of year (and the crowd)?

2. I'm reading there's not much to do at the hotel after 10 or so, my boyfriend and are are in our 20s so we definitely need stuff to do, any suggestions? How far are we from fun?

3. Fav restaurants or meals?

4. What's the best way to get to and from the airport? We're only there 4 nights so I don't want to take forever but don't want to spend a fortune either.

5. What's on the must-do list as far as venturing out? Interested maybe in a sunset crusie or glass bottom boat to see the Arch.

6. Any other tips or advice to give me?

Sorry for all the questions but I really appreciate any advice you can give me!!! :)

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,890 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Cabo Real - in April / May

So much to do ! You are staying on the road between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo. That means a cab ride to get to either town. Cabo San Lucas is the more Happening town. San Jose Del Cabo is quiet in comparison. Cab costs about $20 for the two of you one way. Getting A rental car at the Airport would be a great idea.

You can surf or learn to at the Surf Hotel in San Jose. Snorkle trips, Zip Line,race cars in the desert, fantastic fishing, horse back ride on the beach. A trip to Todos Santos and see the Hotel California.

Great local restaurants in both towns. Get incredible shrimp Tacos/Tortas at Gordo Le Le in Cabo. Have a Best Burger in Cabo at Burguerama in Cabo. Two good places for Italian are Capo san Giovani or Salvatores for 1 serving of Lasagne that will feed both of you, very inexpensive. La Fonda in Cabo for Mexican food. I loved Mariscos Las Tres Islas for seafood. The Marina in Cabo is a nice place for meals and drinks in an upscale setting. Tip 1. Change your cash to Pesos. 2. Vouchers available for big savings at www.loscabosguide.com

Mentioned in this post
San Jose del Cabo
San Jose del Cabo
Los Cabos, Mexico
Tacos
Tacos
1 Review
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
La Fonda
La Fonda
163 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Mariscos Las Tres Islas
Mariscos Las Tres Islas
779 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
2. Re: Melia Cabo Real - in April / May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 14:19