We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feb. in Cabo

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Feb. in Cabo

Three weeks flew by!

We met so many nice people and every dinner and colony trip was so fun!

I don't know where to begin....

How about restaurants--

Well, we didn't get to as many as we wanted to because we had a large amount of food/bev. credit at Playa Grande. Make sure to get an offer at the airport IF you don't mind doing a presentation once you arrive at your resort. If you are already an owner the presentation at your home resort is usually very easy and the credit you get is worth the hour. Sure was for us!

Salvatores--

We did three dinners here with TA folks and they were so fun! It was packed every night that we were there so I was so glad we had booked way in advance. There were 20-25 at each dinner. We were well taken care of and Salvatores is good with a large group. They did separate cks. for us and made it as easy as possible. Food was very good, as always.

Senor Sweets--

As much as I like this place the service can be on the slow side. There were a few waitresses that seemed to be learning and so patience was needed...Didn't always get things as ordered. Overall, will go back because no matter what gelato we ended up with it was good! Did have a sandwich one night and it was not good. Pizzas looked the best but didn't get a chance to try them. Banana Splits were our favorite and the free phone calls!

Just ask them for the phone. :-)

Roadhouse--

The first visit there was fun and the hamburgers were good. Took toooo long to get them but we were listening to the piano guy and didn't care. The next visit was BAD! I asked TA folks to go and what a disaster. Food took forever. Waitress was crabby. Orders came out wrong. Had to yell to talk cause it was so loud in there. The place was packed! Came to the conclusion that it is a good place to go if you want to drink, eat some basic food and just hang out. It's a cool place with license plates, fish and old stuff hanging all over the walls. To bad we had such a bad experience there.

Casa Del Dorado--

One of our favorite. Love the owner and the food is consistantly good and reasonable. They will be closing in May to turn their property into a school. There were 11 of us and everyone was very happy with their food and the service.

Baja Cantina--

It is just a fun place on the marina and prices are decent. Two people in our group got the enchiladas and they were just so so. I like the appetizers that they serve. All are $3.-$4. The service was good and friendly.

Pollo de Oro--

Can't beat their prices and their tortilla soup is good and only 25 pesos. Quick, cheap and decent food. Lots of locals go here and the service is good.

Stoplight--

It was O.K..

Asie y Asada--

This is a Marcie favorite and I can see why. Coming from town if you take the Walmart exit and just stay on the frontage road heading to Costco it is right next to the "Go Karting" place. Really good tacos and Papas(potatoes) filled with meat and cheese. Good place if you are staying on the corridor and you are hungry on your way back from Cabo. You can park right in front and service is really good and fast! Would also be a good place to get a to-go meal on your way to Chileno or Santa Maria.

Gordo Lele's--

Need I say anything here.... Super, as always! We did not try anything but carne asada so not sure how his other tacos are. I heard good things about them but can't say first hand. The place is busy everyday. He has SO many fans! Don't think he is going anywhere for a long time.

O.K., this is getting out of hand. I have barely scratched the surface....I will just have to come back later and do separate posts for all the things I want to tell you all...

Photos will be put together this weekend! Promise!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feb. in Cabo

Can't believe I forgot to mention Burguerama!

Man, this place is good. Junior, at The Bungalows, told us to try their hambugers and IMO they are the best in Cabo. It is located across the street from the mall where the big souvenir store is. I think that is Leona Vicario. Go up about 7 blocks. The chef, and one of the owners, is from a high end resort on the corridor. So they don't just make your burger, they create your burger. All for between $50-$70 pesos. I had the portabella mushroom burger with cheese, turkey bacon and great sauces... Tried to go back on our way to the airport but they don't open until 2PM. They also deliver anywhere in Cabo after 4PM. Closed on Wed. Their number is 624 160 87 89.

Can't wait to go back in May!

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,125 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feb. in Cabo

May I tag on & vouch for a couple other things?

The shrimp tacos at Gordo Lele's are fabulous too. Fresh cooked, topped with a bit of fresh corn, avocado, tomato slices. Heavenly. I had them for lunch most every day. Also the ham & cheese tortas was to die for. I can't describe how a simple sandwich is so delicious, but it was. ~suze

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feb. in Cabo

Glad you mentioned the tortas. They are very popular at Gordos. Most locals want tortas way above a taco.

Thanks for your input!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,399 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feb. in Cabo

Hi Lyndie.......Gordo Le Le is indeed doing well. His incredible tasting food, hard work and downright cheap prices. I feel like I should have a mask and gun when the check comes. Its like Im stealing the food at those prices. His songs and wonderful personality make this a must go to place.

But without all the generous help and support from the TA group and people like youself, Javier would have faded into the Cabo landscape. The power of advertising thru word of mouth on TA is HUGE.

That fact probably had much to do with how busy Salvatores has been. I think a lot of his excess business was due to the fact that you had a few groups there thru contact on TA. Can you imagine all the people who couldnt make our group get togethers that went out of curiosity at another time!

So pat yourself on the back for stimulating the Cabo economy. I mean that in a good way!

It could get like YOGI BERRA says " Nobody goes there anymore because its too crowded"

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
971 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Feb. in Cabo

OMG Lyndi....Burgerama is one of my favorite places to get a burger! They are absolutely fabulous, cheap and a HUGE burger. Glad you got to go there and experience it.

We will have to go there in May :)

Marcie

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feb. in Cabo

Lyndi, thanks for the burger tip, gonna add that to my list. Do they have papas? Rachel, where's the map (see I told you it would be easier teaching me how to wiki)? See Ya

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feb. in Cabo

Rockygee,

Thanks to so many people, you are right, Gordo Leles will be around forever!

Hey, just noticed you are an "expert"! 3 Cheers!

Marcie! Why didn't you tell me about this place sooner? Keeping it a secret, heh? YES, we will go every week while I am there.

Dave,

Papas Fritas, yes! There have reg. and criss cut. Didn't get to try them yet.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Feb. in Cabo

Glad you like Baja Cantina too. Thanks again for organizing Salvatores for so many gatherings. Hope you enjoyed the Jazz Cruise with us. Food is always fresh and good and the crew is fun.

9. Re: Feb. in Cabo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 03:22