We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Meson de Zapata

Toronto, On
Level Contributor
299 posts
211 reviews
Save Topic
El Meson de Zapata

Does anyone know if this restaurant is closed permanently? We were in Cabo and last week and were really looking forward to eating there - it was our favourite restaurant during our previous visit to Cabo. However, much to a disappointment, it was closed the whole time we were there.

On the upside, we did enjoy the best carne asado tacos ever at Gordo Le Le's and my favourite churro stand was as good as ever.

Citrus Heights...
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Meson de Zapata

I was in Cabo for three weeks and no sign of any business. I did look into the building, but it's now empty, so I think they have closed.....I too, enjoyed there food

Toronto, On
Level Contributor
299 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Meson de Zapata

Thanks for the info. That really is a pity - loved the food at Zapata's and the restaurant was delightful.

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Meson de Zapata

Rosita, where is the churro stand in Cabo. I haven't seen one. Now I need a churro. See Ya

Toronto, On
Level Contributor
299 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Meson de Zapata

Hi Dave

I think it's on Jose Maria Morelos, but I'm not really sure of the name of the street, All I can tell you that it's across the street from a large shoe store!! Hope you find it - the churros are delish!

Kirkland, Wa
Level Contributor
764 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Meson de Zapata

Rosita,

Boy am I with you on this one. Zapata's was our favorite spot would run into town for lunch at least 4 times a visit.

Sad to say I think it is gone...... Spoke to a local that works at our resort and sure enough he has closed.

We tried 4 new places for our shimp tacos and still can't find anyone who does it like they do. Plus the 4 salsa's and homemade chips. We really did miss it this last trip.

If I find another place that makes it like they do I will post it on here. We are going back in May and we will conutiue our search!

6. Re: El Meson de Zapata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 02:17