We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report May 15-22...Can't wait to go back!!~

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,763 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report May 15-22...Can't wait to go back!!~

I want to start off with a big thanks to all the TA family for getting us “hooked “~ We bought our timeshare in 2005 when Casa Dorada was a dirt hole~we had a bit of buyer’s remorse~ especially since we bought for the going rate!! Yikes…..DON’T DO THAT!! LOL!!

However, it turned out to be a huge blessing as we would not have met such wonderful folks, had awesome lunches, flings and the likes!!~~ Yea!! Special hugs to our PNW familia~

Our trip was wonderful~ flight was short~ nothing like a good tailwind~

3:38 non-stop from SEA to SJD! We met ayerslane…Hi Nancy and Tom!.. at Seatac ..and Arturo’s smiling face was waiting for us at the airport in SJD~

I cannot say enough about Translobo Transportation~ Arturo is now the sole owner..He takes customer service to another level and we will always use his services when we are in Cabo~

Arrival at Casa Dorada was smooth.. We arranged for Nancy and Tom to use our VIP week and were taken to rooms 502 and 506 in the A building. The rooms were very nice but we wanted to have a view of Lands End and the next day asked for an upgrade to 1 bd. Since it was so slow we were moved the next day to 612 and 623. Wonderful views and the full sized fridge worked out great! Drinks were 2x1 all day at the pool. This was new from November..Perfect! Bill had hurt his ankle prior to our trip and then got a sunburn the first day…so we stayed close to home most days! A special thanks to Paco the pool concierge. He is truly a great guy and takes his job seriously with a lot of humour thrown in..Our favorite server was Eliseo..his nickname is “mosquito” as he is always in three places at once..

Have to take a moment to say hi to Nancy and Tom…I do know they had a great time and the timeshare folks had their hands full…LOL!!! Nancy took great pleasure in chatting them up..By the 4th day she had them down to an absurd deal on a foreclosure…too funny…she did not buy anything but it was a treat to watch!!! I introduced her to many new drinks and they are now hooked on Cabo as well.~

Activities:

Well….this list is short...lol!!

: Get up

: Have Breakfast

: Go to the pool

: Drink the 2x1

: Lunch

: Siesta ( is that an activity?)

: Dinner

: Relax on Balcony

: Bed

Repeat for 7 days!~

Good Eats!

Gordo Lele’s:

Had our FIRST tacos and they were wonderful…Bill had the shrimp tacos with corn and bacon…heaven! I had the carne asada…delish!! Met my girls…(finally) Tooley, Kay, Marcie..I knew I would love them all~ Kay’s friend Karen and folks from Australia were fun! Sang some songs and enjoyed the company~Cathy marveled at the fact I had pictures from Summyr as she was just there a few days before…She dropped them off on my doorstep and I delivered them to a beaming Javier and Fernando at Sangrias…He, of course remembered Summyr and Emma…How could you not~

Also my countdown partner Mike was at Gordos with a cardboard sign counting down days till we left..?! That was unfair .lol!…he disappeared…where are you Mike?

Sand Bar:

Hit and miss here…Loved the cheesburgers, chile relleno, and the location.

Do not order the lobster salad at dinner or the fish prepared with garlic…Yuk! They actually took off the lobster salad from the bill~

Mango Deck:

Breakfast is good here. Huevos and the Sincranizado (sp.) are both great. Always lots of action during the day…people watching can’t be beat.

Baja Cantina Beach:

This is one of our favorites. The vouchers worked perfectly as usual. We love the crabcake appetizer and the Tortilla soup. Also had great breakfast….omelettes were done just right and the huevos rancheros was excellent. 2x1 drinks here too…as almost everyplace has.

Medano Beach Club (formerly Las Palmas)

We had a nice dinner of the seafood platter..Consisted of 2 lobster tails, 3 large shrimp. 2 small crabs, octopus with garlic, bay scallops..served with rice and veg and bread…Way too much food..Everything was grilled nicely.. 600 pesos…We had vouchers here as well.

I do miss the firepit and roasting marshmallows….

12 Tribes:

This has to be one of the best views around and the service was outstanding…Our favorite waiter is Claudio…the wine was also very good ( nice Chilean Rojo)..

That being said the food could use improvement for sure…In November I had the best soup ever and ordered it again…not good…(mushroom) The appetizer was a scallop St. Jacque…the cheese was barely melted and the sauce lacked flavor.

Bill had a nice filet but the potato was cold.. So all in all it was disappointing…

Claudio did give us a lovely dessert of a decadent fried strawberry ice cream as it was our anniversary…he was just a treat!! A true gentleman!

Salvatores:

As usual…just great. We had the Spinach and pear Salad and the Tequila Shrimp with pasta…Perfect amount to share…We finished it all…YUM!!! Had such a great time talking to dmwalker and lynn..It was great to meet them both!!! Hi Lynn! Bill still thinks you are fibbing about your age..lol~ We enjoyed seeing Tooley, Dennnis, Kaelee and Rodney, Marcie, Tom and Nancy too!

Tiki Bar:

Next to Baja Cantina Dockside…great new find..We saw Lyndi and Dennis that night. Ordered the Fish and Chips..pretty good in a light batter 40 pesos. Sushi rolls are 2x1 until 8. Bill ordered two and they were great.. Think it was 125 pesos for 2. This is a place we will go again for sure..Very reasonable and nice folks serving too!

Sorry I lacked pricing for most meals..will promise to do better next time~

We had a blast at the beach on our last night..Casa Dorada had a big screen set up on the beach and showed videos from the 70’s and 80’s. Too much fun…Can you say disco?! Mix in a little Abba, Donna Summer, KC and the Sunshine band..throw in some CCR and Queen…Led Zep…Bill just laughed at me cause I knew every word to Bohemian Rhapsody…..Fabulous time!!!

Picked up a few trinkets on the beach including the money clips for Ed from Kentucky…I will send those off to him on Tuesday~

Planning our next trip already…want to take our crazy neighbor suzanacabanna~ Thought it would be fun to fly into LaPaz for a couple of nights then day trip down to Todos Santos and on to Cabo~

Thanks again to everyone for making us feel like family~ See you PNW peeps at the Summyr Fling~

Salud!

Glynnis and Bill

Mentioned in this post
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Casa Dorada Los Cabos...
2,162 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
The Sand Bar
The Sand Bar
713 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Mango Deck
Mango Deck
3,130 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Baja Cantina
Baja Cantina
655 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,767 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Tequila
Tequila
Jalisco, Mexico
Todos Santos
Todos Santos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,763 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report May 15-22...Can't wait to go back!!~

oops!! Forgot Kay and Karen at Salvatores...How could I forget my smokin' buddies!!LOL~

Hugs!

Mentioned in this post
Salvatore's Italian Restaurant
Salvatore's Italian...
2,430 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report May 15-22...Can't wait to go back!!~

Great report Glynnis. We can't wait to try the Tiki Bar next month. So when is your next trip? You should come in October with the whole crazy bunch.

Call me this week and we'll have lunch- my treat!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,364 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report May 15-22...Can't wait to go back!!~

Glynnis,

You two were so much fun to chat up. Oh, and tell Bill he wasn't the ONLY man to think Lynn was more than 10 years younger than her actual age. Believe me, I tried beating her secret outta her, but she wouldn't give it up. :)

Seriously, though, thanks for a thorough trip report. Guess it was YOU who took notes about the dinners, LOL!

Hope we see each other again soon. Until then, we'll just have to settle for this ol' forum.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,763 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report May 15-22...Can't wait to go back!!~

Hey Sandy~ October is too hot!! Looking at November!

Donna...Yes, you need to keep working on Lynn for her "Fountain of Youth" secrets...

I guess we will need to hold her down with the gaff...he he he....

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report May 15-22...Can't wait to go back!!~

Oh, come on...October,November- what's the difference? That's what pools are for!! It is really going to be a great time with all of the trip advisor family there at the same time. We need more cheerleaders. Just think about it.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,364 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report May 15-22...Can't wait to go back!!~

Glynnis, definitely come in November/December! We'll be @ Playa Grande from 11/29 thru 12/6. The weather at that time of year is sublime, and the water is warm.

The last two years that I went to Cabo in Oct. were absolutely miserable, weather-wise. Loved the awesome fishing, but hated, hated, hated the hot, humid, sweaty weather. We got up around 5:00 am to get ready for fishing and it was hot/humid even that early in the morning. Made it miserable to just walk from our unit to the parking lot to get to our car. A/C ran constantly, and very few breezes, even though we were staying on the Pacific. It's worth it for the awesome fishing, but can't imagine going that time of year just to vacation in general. Just my opinion - keep in mind I'm wimpy when it comes to the humidity, LOL.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
4,278 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report May 15-22...Can't wait to go back!!~

Come on G.....You could always just batch it in Oct....stay with Cathy and me for a few days...then come back down with Bill in November...:)

We still don't know if are going 19Nov or 26Nov....we are trying to get our week swapped out for the 26th....but still waiting..:(

Not that it matters both weeks are great....too bad we can't do 2 weeks...;)

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,364 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report May 15-22...Can't wait to go back!!~

Hey Dala, I sure hope you are able to switch to the 26th. I would love to see you again in Nov. Been awhile... :)

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report May 15-22...Can't wait to go back!!~

There were about 4 days a couple weeks ago that felt like October to me. It was very hot, very humid and my clothes never dried out. Everything fabric in the room felt damp. So come on down for the tourney. It really is fun!

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,763 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report May 15-22...Can't wait to go back!!~

Well isn't this a nice ladies chat!

It sure would be fun to get everyone of us down at the same time....

Hey Dala girl~ Sure did miss you~