We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voucher Discount Program - Fishing

JarkoTSmith
5 posts
Save Topic
Voucher Discount Program - Fishing

Has anyone ever used Hook Up sportfishing in the voucher program? I will be in Cabo June 19 to the 26th. There are 20 people coming to Cabo and I am the only one that wants/has to fish. So I can go out once with REDRUM or twice with Hook Up.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,313 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Voucher Discount Program - Fishing

I haven't heard of them but checked out their website:

hookupcabofishing.com/hucharters.asp#boats

You can get a 29' boat for $450.00 (incl. tax, 'gas surcharge', 12 drinks of your choice, and one Hook-up t-shirt per charter). Using a voucher you'll save $157.50 on the charter for a total cost of $292.50. That's a freakin' steal! Just don't pay by credit card because you'll pay a credit card surcharge and that'll eat away at your savings. I say go for it and let us know how it goes - they are always in the big money tournaments, so I can't imagine that they'd be bad.

Let us know who you eventually decide to go with. Also, please make sure to come back to the forums and do a trip report. There's not a lot of data on here about Hookup, and other people will want to know about your experience.

BTW - I also sent you a PM.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
66,761 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Voucher Discount Program - Fishing

Capital One does not charge for foreign transactions. That's our "travel" credit card for trips to Canada & Mexico. We had no problem using it for our April trip to Cabo. Pisces Sportfishing charged us the exact US dollar amount they quoted. (Turimaz car rental quoted us a US price, charged us in pesos, and the US amount ended up being a few dollars higher. Not a big deal but not the exact price.)

This does look like a great price for Hook Up. Remember to tip.

You might also want to contact Redrum to see if you can share a boat (if that appeals to you.)

Mentioned in this post
Pisces Sportfishing
Pisces Sportfishing
1,474 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,313 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Voucher Discount Program - Fishing

The credit card charge I was referring to was the one that Hook-up would charge, not the credit card company.

But, that's a good point. If you use a CC other than Capital One, you might end up paying a 'foreign transaction fee' to your CC company, as well as the CC surcharge that Hook-up charges.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
66,761 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Voucher Discount Program - Fishing

Thanks Donna ~ I didn't realize that Hook Up charged more for a credit card transaction. Makes much more sense.

Off for my second cup of coffee!

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
667 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Voucher Discount Program - Fishing

Redrum Charters do the same to - Here is the breakdown...

We also

accept credit and debit cards, both Visa and Mastercard. For credit card

purchases there is a 3% international processing fee and the 10% IVA

Mexican tax. Credit Cards are processed in Mexican Pesos at the current

bank exchange rate.

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Voucher Discount Program - Fishing

I do not know about Hook Up, I did use the voucher program last year with Silverados and had no problems. Hook-Up has had no negative reviews and I know the voucher program works, so you should have no problems. Have a great time fishing!!!!!!

Dartmouth...
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Voucher Discount Program - Fishing

JarkoTsmith, my husband went with silverados in April by himself and had a great day. Caught 42 tuna and 2 mahi. He used vouchers to pay and saved 50%. He fished with redrum last year. Silverados boats are older then redrum but safe. Both companys are great. He is going again in October. Good luck.

8. Re: Voucher Discount Program - Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 13:23