We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Resort for a Day

Calpella, California
Level Contributor
91 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Resort for a Day

Hi Everyone,

There are so many beautiful resorts there and I really want to check out a couple while I'm in town in July. Its been 5 years since we were there last. I'd like to go somewhere where we can possibly pay a day use fee and hang out at the resort pool, maybe use their spa facilities if they have them. What are your top two can't be missed resorts?

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,445 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Resort for a Day

Since almost all of the resorts in Cabo are timeshare resorts, not very many of them allow you do this- you can understand that the owners who have paid good money for a chair by the pool would not want them filled up by non-guests.

However, since it is so slow in Cabo right now it could be different. I know that the Finnesterra allows visitors, also the Rui which is an all inclusive has a $100 per person fee ( I think that is the current price). The ME on Medano beach lets you use their beach beds if they are not very busy.

You may just want to ask when you are there but please be considerate of the paying guests and owners!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,691 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Resort for a Day

In my opinion Playa Grande and Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, but I doubt seriously wheter you can get in at either unless you do a timeshare tour but you won't be able to use the facilities, just be a looky loo

Mentioned in this post
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
4,112 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Pueblo Bonito Sunset...
10,535 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
San Francisco
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Resort for a Day

Multiple people are telling me to vist ME Cabo for the day but I hear it's a party scene so it's perfect for me but I guess it just depends what you want out of the resorts

Mentioned in this post
ME Cabo by Melia
ME Cabo by Melia
1,316 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
971 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Resort for a Day

The Westin, Hilton, Riu, ME Cabo, Presidente and a few other resorts do allow non-guests to visit their resorts for a fee. Not sure where you are staying and if you are looking for a hotel that is within walking distance.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo...
7,108 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
ME Cabo by Melia
ME Cabo by Melia
1,316 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Calpella, California
Level Contributor
91 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Resort for a Day

Location is not an issue, just looking for a beautiful resort that has a spa so I can get a treatment, maybe have lunch and hang out at the pool for a couple of hours, check out the resort. Don't mind paying a fee.

Doesn't Cabo offer this? Most resorts in Napa/Sonoma County will offer day use if you are getting treatments at their spa. Obviously not if you just want to come by and crash the pool area.

PS Sunset Beach looks phenomenal. Can anyone vouch for their spa? Are the prices worth it?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Resort for a Day

My bride has had some treatments there and loved them.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,807 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Resort for a Day

OK, so I haven't done it but I have thought about it....

a good way to get a bunch of perks and use a hotel for the day (if you negotiate it) is to do a timeshare presentation. Im sure that if you wanted to tour Pueblo bonito sunset beach, you could get lots of spa treatments, cash, freebies....it just depends if its worth your time while on vacation or not...I have always opted for not.

The ME does allow non-guest to use their facilities if you are buying drinks and food and such. Im not saying its completely legit but I know they allow cruise ship passengers to use the pool and such. I have spent some time hanging out there to watch the beautiful people for awhile and told the bartender we were staying next door. I imagine with things being so quiet and slow from all the bogus swine flu hype and the economy most places would welcome your money....

Seattle
Level Contributor
281 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite Resort for a Day

..and keep in mind you can always relax beachfront on a chaise lounge at any of the many bars. Toe's in sand pedicure, Smrbrz? Would go to PB Blanco definitely - very laid back vibe on the chaise lounges in the sand and you can order drinks and food here. Not sure about spa...

Florence, Arizona
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite Resort for a Day

We are timeshare owners at Pueblo Bonito Sunset

Beach. We were on a cruise in January that stopped

at Cabo San Lucas. I called PBSB 2 weeks prior to

our port day and asked if we could spend the day

at the pool and we were told "no." They don't give

owners any special privileges or day passes.

Mentioned in this post
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Pueblo Bonito Sunset...
10,535 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
10. Re: Favorite Resort for a Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 13:20