We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Solmar for Honeymoon-good?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
180 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Solmar for Honeymoon-good?

Is this a good honeymoon property?

thanks

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
946 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Solmar for Honeymoon-good?

Only if you want the quietest beach in Cabo, (although the crashing waves can get loud), excellant service, lovely furnished rooms and infinity pools blending in with the Pacific. Not so much if you want a noisy pool scene with thumping music, jet skis blowing past and vendors every 20 feet. It is big however, not a small scale intimate place.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,475 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Solmar for Honeymoon-good?

I think it would be perfect! Quiet beach (take a blanket and a bottle of wine down to watch the sunset), the beautiful Pacific ocean crashing to shore, and as stated above gorgeous rooms and pools. Plus it is a really short walk into town for restaurants and nightlife.

Congratulations!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Solmar for Honeymoon-good?

We are staying there for our honeymoon in Oct......everything sounds great for it!!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,511 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Solmar for Honeymoon-good?

Having married many years ago at the original Solmar, and been going there for many, many years-watching the old be town down, the new added, etc., I'd definitely say it would be a most wonderful place for a honeymoon! It is absolutely beautiful (no-I didn't upgrade to the new GS, but have definitely been through it) and while it is a non swimming beach, the pools are beautiful, the sound of the surf is amazing, and you don't have a crowded beach. It is a very short walk to the Marina and town, (I have walked it for years-it's easy!) and a safe walk back to the beauty and peace after the hustle and bustle of town. Happy Honeymoon!

Mentioned in this post
Solmar Resort
Solmar Resort
1,956 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Connecticut
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Solmar for Honeymoon-good?

A+ for this perfect description of what this resort is all about....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
475 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Solmar for Honeymoon-good?

Absolutely!! It's very peaceful and tranquil there, your own priivate paradise. I was there recently and loved it. Congratulations and good luck!!

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,469 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Solmar for Honeymoon-good?

We are owners at the Grand Solmar and beside that fact I would highly recommend the property. It is a people resort on the finest stretch of oceanfront property. You will not encounter vendors on the beach and the endless pools are spectacular. At night you can leave your doorwall open and listen to the thunder of the waves on the Pacific side. It is a short 10 minute walk to the marina and downtown area. Have fun and congratulations.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Grand Solmar Land's End...
3,482 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
8. Re: Grand Solmar for Honeymoon-good?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 19:18