We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rec for AI with College sons - Hyatt, Paradisus, or Secrets?

Aurora, IL
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Rec for AI with College sons - Hyatt, Paradisus, or Secrets?

We are looking for a 4.5 Star AI with adults only dining and beach/pool options.

S1 would like to go snorkeling and fishing, S2 content to just chill.

Good food and long walkable beach are a must.

Going first week in January so resorts will likely be at full capacity thus prefer somewhere that will not be overwhelmed.

Quality family time is key. We are not into the shows but some live music after dinner would be nice.

Would be great if we could find set up with King and Double/Double adjoining Ocean Front rooms.

Previous stays include Secrets Akumal, Grand Velas RM, Finest Playa Mujeres (Excellence)

3 replies to this topic
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,659 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rec for AI with College sons - Hyatt, Paradisus, or Secrets?

The Paradisus is the only resort with a beach that is swimmable.

The Secrets resort would probably be a better fit, It does have a swimmable beach a little one 1 mile walk down the beach next to the Marina.

Fabulous fishing in this area. Big Marlin are Very abundant.

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
50 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rec for AI with College sons - Hyatt, Paradisus, or Secrets?

I have been to all 3. I thought Secrets was too quiet and also is farther away. It would be my last choice. The most active resort would be Ziva. Lots of people, activities, pretty good food. Paradisus is nice if you want a small swimable beach. Food there was good but service varies greatly. I have reviewed all three and you can check that for detail.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rec for AI with College sons - Hyatt, Paradisus, or Secrets?

I would prefer Hyatt only because it is walkable to town and walkable to Zippers surf beach. I would prefer to get out of the resort from time to time. Can’t do that from Secrets or Paradisus without a car.

Reply to: Rec for AI with College sons - Hyatt, Paradisus, or Secrets?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted