We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Type of rooms at Barcelo

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Type of rooms at Barcelo

We have a one-week trip booked at the Barcelo Los Cabos in September. We reserved a standard junior suite, but we've heard different people comment on their rooms not all being the same.

We want a smart room and we want to make sure the room has a computer and a safe. Are these rooms only located in a certain part / certain wing of the resort or on certain floors?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Type of rooms at Barcelo

My boyfriend & I just returned from Barcelo. I posted the full review on Trip Advisor if you want to see it. About rooms- building 3 is the new tower. When we first checked in we were given a room in building 2, although I had emailed the resort a few times to ensure a king bed in building 3. The room was nice, clean, but nothing like the pictures I had seen. I called to the front and got moved to building 3. The room was amazing! Very new, great bathroom/ shower and balcony with seating (the other room only had a small balcony). I think they both have the smart tv & safe. But the room in the newer building was far better in my opinion!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Type of rooms at Barcelo

Thanks for the tip.. We're heading down in 10 days and I just called my travel agent to request Building 3 with a king-size bed.. Hopefully they come through for me :)

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
383 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Type of rooms at Barcelo

Reading the reviews there is a common theme to avoid building 3 at all costs because of Temptations next door is this not the case?

South Dakota
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Type of rooms at Barcelo

Also, it looks like you have a couple of options for rooms - the junior suite or the family suite, which is 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, etc. Does anyone know if the family suites are in good locations? The hotel website describes them as being closer to the kids' water park, but I'm not sure exactly how close and where that is located??

vancouver
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Type of rooms at Barcelo

In regards to Building 3 and the noise from Temptations next door ...There are two separate parts to Building 3 ...If you look at the web site photo , it is on the left looking back from the beach , and the rooms in the first section all look into the main pool area and the beach ..The rear section rooms all look over the adult pool and towards Temptations , and if you are on a higher floor , the beach past Temptations is also part of the view.. This is where the music from Temptations comes into play .. We have visited twice this year ( Feb and May ) and our room was 3435 ,which was in the first section close to the beach end and looking out to the main activity pool bar , and beach...I think the room numbers on that section start at 3410 ( or so ) and go from there ..The first number (3) is the building number ,then the floor number(4) and finally the last two numbers for the actual room number itself... .When returning to our room , we could hear the music during our walk , but once in the room , it was not at all noticable....Hope this helps ...In our opinion , this is a fabulous resort ..Enjoy.......

Edmonton Alberta
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Type of rooms at Barcelo

Hi, I just read your post about the Barcelo. My boyfriend and I and his parents are going there for a week in Sept. We booked ocean front, king size rooms...my question to you is...is #3 building ocean front or is ocean front evenan option, I am thinking they might just have ocean view rooms. His parents have never been anywhere before and we want it to be really nice for them...we went to the Rui Santa Fe last year..so we are very excited to go back to Los Cabos. I am wondering where you found an email address for the Barcelo....I would like to email them, to confirm everything. Thanks

Edited: 11 August 2010, 21:43
7. Re: Type of rooms at Barcelo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 13:18