We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton los Cabo -- Bring your own drinks?

California
5 posts
Save Topic
Hilton los Cabo -- Bring your own drinks?

I'm staying at the timeshare at Hilton los Cabo -- it uses the all of the same facilities.

I thought I could bring drinks to the pool, since I was staying at the timeshare, but when checking, the TS liaison said it was against hotel policy. I was planning on eating Hotel pool food, but bringing beer or wine from the room...

Of course, if I did so, I would be discrete. But I wanted to know how strict the policy was (how close they'd be watching...) Anyone BYOB at Hilton los Cabo?

Thanks!

Vela
$$ - $$$, Italian, Seafood
Cafe Des Artistes Los Cabos
$$$$, French, Seafood, International
El Matador
$$$$, Mexican, Latin, Seafood
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
67,141 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton los Cabo -- Bring your own drinks?

I think every hotel or resort says that bringing your own drinks to the pool is against their policy, but most of us do it. Just fill up your own cup in your room and carry it down to the pool. If you need to refill poolside, be discreet. Purchase an occasional drink or some food poolside and tip generously.

I don't have any specific knowledge of the Hilton or Casa Dorada Spa & Golf Resort (the TS side of the Hilton), so my suggestions might not worth anything. Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Casa Dorada Los Cabos...
2,133 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
San Diego...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton los Cabo -- Bring your own drinks?

We stayed at the Hilton last year and brought our own drinks to the pool, but we were VERY discreet. I had vodka in a water bottle, and my hubby had can beers in his backpack. got a bucket of ice and a bottle water, that ran us $7 bucks. If you buy from the resort, be prepared to part with your $$.

Sherman Oaks, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton los Cabo -- Bring your own drinks?

We're heading there on Friday to stay for 8 nights/9 days and were guests there last year. While we went to the store on our way in (this year we are having beverages/snacks delivered by www. whereincabos .com - so easy and cool) to have drinks and snacks in our room, while by the pool we generally ordered drinks from the bar. However, several times we made drinks in our room and while wandering around the property, if we happened to end up by the pool, so be it. With that said, we spent almost every day at the pool and racked up serious tabs on drinks and food, so they didn't really care if every now and again, we finished our room-made drinks outside.

Some people complain about the pricing at the Hilton of food and cocktails, but I happen to think they're extremely reasonable for a high-end resort and the quality was always top notch. Once you're there for a day or two, you find out which bartenders pour heavier than others and we didn't mind or feel bad about politely requesting drinks to be made by a particular person (and they didn't seem offended, either).

I'm not sure if he still works there, but as many posts mention, we loved Oscar down by the pool last year. He was great!

Take care and have a blast...I have no doubt you will!

oklahoma...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton los Cabo -- Bring your own drinks?

Jagster, how does the Hilton feel about the grocery delivery service coming to the hotel? It will be our first trip to the Hilton at Christmas for 11 days and I am interested in using the service. In the past we have always stayed at the Palmilla and we never rent a car. It sure seems easier than having the transfer from the airport take you by the store on the way to the hotel.

5. Re: Hilton los Cabo -- Bring your own drinks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 13:20