We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temporary Sim Only Plan

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Temporary Sim Only Plan

Hi Guys,

So my parents are coming to visit me for the first time in Toronto and I am looking to get a sim only plan for them for the 10 days they are here. I have found multiple options such as petro-canada, 7/11 and roammobility. But I was wondering if anybody knows of a provider that would offer cheap international calls to Ireland since my Mother will want to briefly call my Grandfather in Ireland to check up every day or 2 and would need a plan that wouldn't break the bank. Looking forward to hearing some suggestions :)

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
2 replies to this topic
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
18,023 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temporary Sim Only Plan

hi

you do not need a plan to make overseas calls there are a number of apps that will do that. Google has one that gets mentioned but I use Skype and buy min Skype credits which was only 4 cent/min when I used it. It worked well when we were in European calling a senior on this side of the pond. It only needs wifi connection.

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Temporary Sim Only Plan

Woah I just looked that up, never knew that was even a thing. Thank you so much for your reply :)

Reply to: Temporary Sim Only Plan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;