We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holland America Cruise Ship Nieuw Amsterdam

3 posts
Save Topic
Holland America Cruise Ship Nieuw Amsterdam

Any one ever taken this ship on a cruise stay in the VH category Deluxe Verandah Oceanview stateroom.VH 4001 - VH 4004 on the Upper Promenade Deck? Was there any noise from the stage on the deck below?.

Best Seller
Niagara Falls Canada with Boat Ride...
1,093 Reviews
from US$109.95*
Best Seller
Vancouver to Victoria and Butchart...
1,420 Reviews
from US$166.30*
Best Seller
Niagara Falls America and Canada...
1,139 Reviews
from US$149.95*
7 replies to this topic
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,675 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holland America Cruise Ship Nieuw Amsterdam

hi

there is a cruise forum which would be a much better place to post that question. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20,739 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holland America Cruise Ship Nieuw Amsterdam

A much better place still to ask is on the TA Cruises forum where one of the DE's is an absolute guru with HAL ships:

https:/…ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruises.html

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,675 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holland America Cruise Ship Nieuw Amsterdam

@Frommy

so when I go to the show all forums page and choose Cruises I get redirected to Cruise Critic so where it that page you linked hiding )=:

https:/…ListForums-g1-World.html

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,090 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holland America Cruise Ship Nieuw Amsterdam

You can find the TA Cruises forum by googling "Trip Advisor Cruises Forum." It's the word "forum" that does it. Then you bookmark it if you want. I just keep googling the 4 words, no problem.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,675 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holland America Cruise Ship Nieuw Amsterdam

so just another TA SNAFU that they will NEVER fix because they want to direct traffic to cruise critic.

so your on a TA page and you have to google to find another page on their own site; REALLY.

a note: i never use cruises so would never even think of googling for a cruise.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,090 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holland America Cruise Ship Nieuw Amsterdam

It's deliberate. TA own Cruise Critic and want them front and centre.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20,739 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holland America Cruise Ship Nieuw Amsterdam

As Mufti said, once TA bought CC the normal access through 'Beyond destination forums' inserted CC a the cruise link and buried their own forum. Those of us who go there have it bookmarked. The CC forums are full of misinformation and chit chat, with some good stuff in between, and there are some VERY possessive people posting on some of the forums who are NEVER wrong (in their minds). The one thing CC is great for are the cruise 'Roll Calls' where people on the same cruise can get together beforehand. I have arranged nearly all my excursions by either joining others, or getting getting others to join me on some private excursions for three cruises.

Over on the TA forum it is pretty straight forward no nonsense, stuff, and a nice regular community including a couple of good DE's.

Edited: 09 June 2018, 12:37
Reply to: Holland America Cruise Ship Nieuw Amsterdam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted