We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Use of restaurants at VDP

winnipeg
Level Contributor
597 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Use of restaurants at VDP

Hi, do you know if a person can walk up and eat in restaurants at VDP flamingos if NOT a guest of it or La Estancia next door?

5 replies to this topic
Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
400 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Use of restaurants at VDP

No you can’t use the restaurants if you aren’t staying there.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,410 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Use of restaurants at VDP

ddre is correct, with the exception of ----- if you are a guest of someone who is staying there.

We are owners and have invited people to dine with us at the restaurants at Villa del Palmar Flamingos --- and we went to visit friends up there (also owners) in December, who we were allowed to dine with, as they filled out forms to check us in. We paid them back in pesos.

Everything at VdPF is transacted by credit card, on your room bill, so people can't just walk off the street. Need a room number and account. The wait staff will ask for a room number and name, as soon as you sit down.

Edited: 19 February 2018, 06:05
Mentioned in this post
Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit
Villa Del Palmar...
2,711 Reviews
Flamingos, Mexico
Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Use of restaurants at VDP

Hmm, I was at the Bel Air and walked over and had breakfast at VDP? No problems at all. Is this a new thing?

winnipeg
Level Contributor
597 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Use of restaurants at VDP

I guess I won't count on it but I'll check it out when Im there and report back later! If anyone else knows for sure, feel free to share this info! For some reason, I thought you could from when I was at VDP in PV, but I could be mistaken. Thanks!

Edited: 19 February 2018, 13:07
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,410 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Use of restaurants at VDP

Sure, you can always try, but it's very different at Villa del Palmar Flamingos than at Villa del Palmar in Puerto Vallarta.

Even though the security guards at VdP in PV pay attention to people, it's pretty loose getting in. I get in all the time, when not staying there, as they probably recognize me from previous trips and I know the territory. However, it's still the same thing where they need your room number, to charge it to your room.

VdP-PV is also different, as the Palmita Market and the Wings Sports Bar do allow people in from outside. They are right on the street.

Let us know if you can get through. Having stayed at both VdP-PV and Flamingos a number of times, they have strict rules about guests on premises (which we always follow, either inviting people in or being the guest) but, if you can sneak in, that's an issue with security.

You can always do what I do ---- if you have questions before your trip ---- just call the desk and ask.

Mentioned in this post
Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit
Villa Del Palmar...
2,711 Reviews
Flamingos, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Flamingos
Flamingos
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Reply to: Use of restaurants at VDP