We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Luxxe Vidanta

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Luxxe Vidanta

Hey all,

I will be staying with friends in their time share at the grand luxxe in October. Will I be okay in sundresses and dressy sandals for dinner at every restaurant?

4 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Luxxe Vidanta

Yes, to our knowledge. That would mean that you are more dressed-up than I am, when staying at Vidanta. With the caveat being, that it should be a very nice sundress (not beachwear), for dinner.

IOW, you do NOT have to dress as you would in NYC, to go to a Broadway play or a fancy dinner. (We do that periodically).

Hopefully you know that, staying at the Grand Luxxe, you access to all the pools, gyms, etc. on Vidanta property. We've never stayed at Grand Luxxe but, even at the Grand Mayan, we've eaten at restaurants within the complex, at all the resorts --- Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan, Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe.

For dinner anywhere on property, we dress clean and nice (nice outfit, with capris for me, and some nice jewelry and I do my hair). Hubby wears a collared shirt and very nice shorts, or nice jeans.

It's a beach area. Not NYC. If you dress up nice and clean, and look like you care that you're going for a nice dinner, a nice sundress and dressy sandals should take you everywhere for dinner on the Vidanta property.

Check with your friends though also, in case they dress up more and you're going out with them. Otherwise, you're just fine.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Luxxe Residence Club
Grand Luxxe Residence...
3,948 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
The Grand Mayan at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta
The Grand Mayan at...
4,012 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Mayan Palace at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta
Mayan Palace at Vidanta...
1,426 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
The Grand Bliss at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta
The Grand Bliss at...
846 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
326 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Luxxe Vidanta

Agree with Marly. We typically are in a casual skirt, sundress or nice dress shorts. Sandals are typically wedges or dressy flip flop like sandals as we do leave the resort for dinner and sometimes the street/sidewalk are cobblestone so heels can be dangerous. Hubbies are usually in nice dress short, collared shirt/polo and either nice sandals or topsiders.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Luxxe Vidanta

thank you!

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
13,534 posts
570 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Luxxe Vidanta

yes..that would be fine. there is one or two restaurants that are a bit fancier but pretty much a girl in a sundress with sandals is dressed. Men in slacks or nice shorts with collared shirt.

I tend to dress up at times as I live in a very casual area so it is nice to make the night special.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 00:59
Reply to: Grand Luxxe Vidanta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted