We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currently at Marival Residences Luxury Resort

Manitoba
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Currently at Marival Residences Luxury Resort

Since it’s a tad bit overcast and I have been scrolling the forum here for NV .....just thought I’d put out the invite for any questions???

24 replies to this topic
Manitoba
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currently at Marival Residences Luxury Resort

Just to add....this is day 6 and we have enjoyed ourselves immensely thus far......the suites are fantastic(we are staying in a 1 bedroom penthouse suite with terrace/pool) and the food has been some of the very best in all of the A/I’s we have stayed at.....Mozza Mare beach club is awesome.....no severe side effects yet with Hurricane Bud “buzzing” around, just a little overcast this afternoon with a short sprinkle so we will see.

Also of note: this is a very family friendly resort (1-4 bedroom suites and also villas).....we are staying as a couple only and are used to Adult’s Only resorts.....SO with that being said the verdict is still out if this is “OUR” place yet???? (and yes we knew this prior to coming so my review which will come later will answer this question)

Cheers

Saint Louis...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Currently at Marival Residences Luxury Resort

Hello! Is there much in terms of nightlife/shows? Thank you!

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
6,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currently at Marival Residences Luxury Resort

Please keep us updated with the weather

Manitoba
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currently at Marival Residences Luxury Resort

Hola.....no night life shows here at the Marival Residences complex but the sister hotel, Marival Resort & Suites do have nightly shows at 9:00pm......this hotel is approx a 5 min complimentary shuttle/golf cart away.....the schedule of these shows are provided in the daily resorts “news letter”.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Marival Residences Luxury Resort
Marival Residences...
2,418 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Marival Resort & Suites
Marival Resort & Suites
4,451 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Manitoba
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currently at Marival Residences Luxury Resort

Current weather this evening.....hot & humid.....no rain but wicked “lightening” show to the north......accordingly to last update the storm/hurricane is 300 miles west of PV and may be weakening.....May rain tomorrow but will wait and see......

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Currently at Marival Residences Luxury Resort

Can you verify the beers on tap and in can? Are there better boogie boards at the new beac club?

Manitoba
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Currently at Marival Residences Luxury Resort

Hola CY.....have not seen beer on tap or draft here......Cervezas have been in bottles or cans near pools/ beach.....

Selections: Corona, Pacifico, Negra Modelo, Corona Light, Modelo, Modelo Especial, & Corona Cero

Some imported beers for an upcharge available: Budweiser, Bud Light, & Heineken

Boogie Boards at beach club “WERE” easily obtained in adult & child sizes and a whole lot of fun......They appeared quite new to us but I am not an expert there or for quality but they did the job for us playing in the waves.....BUT for the past 2-3 days they have not been allowed due to waves/rip tides according to staff.....but many people still playing in waves minus boogie boards.

Weather Update:

Huge Thunderstorm last night with all the fixings.....sheet lightening, big rolling thunder boomers with heavy downpour.

This morning.....overcast, 29 with humidity at 98% and rain predicted all day but appears “Bud” will stay away from the coast here in PV and may hit land in a few days near Cabo.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Iowa
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Currently at Marival Residences Luxury Resort

Thanks! Have you used the wine bar in the lobby? I didn’t use it in my last visit but I know we will have people there with us next time who will want to.

Is there a volleyball court at the new beach club?

Also, the heard the beds were much better now. Have you found them to be comfortable?

Manitoba
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Currently at Marival Residences Luxury Resort

Hola again,

Only used the Brunello lobby wine bar a few times for cocktails/beer and not food.

Volleyball sand court at new beach club is away from beach, perhaps protected from wind.....never saw anyone use it this week but it’s there.

Mattresses are quite comfortable.....firm but with pillow tops and must have separate coils as you do not feel your partner move around......I took a look for you and the brand is “Carreiro Colchones” brand, Made in Mexico.

My only beef with the bed is not having a bottom fitted sheet......this happens at most Mexico hotels but the sheets they use never stay on the mattress properly. Just my beef I guess.....sheets are quite good except for no fitted sheet.

Cheers!!!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Vancouver
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Currently at Marival Residences Luxury Resort

Hi! We are heading there in November...we have a 1 bedroom as well...what type of alcohols were included that were imported? i.e. do they have all the standard gins - tanqueray, bombay, hendricks, etc. do they have non-jose cuervo tequila lol...

how has the food been? the last one we stayed at was azul beach which was a karisma resort and we were super impressed. wondering if it's better than that! it's one of the reasons why i booked...and how did you find the seating, as some people said most are outdoors, which i think sometimes with weather and mosquitos can be not so fun, especially with a toddler.

was the marival resort next door as crazy as some people have said it is lol...heard food wasn't as good...loved to hear more! looking forward to your full review :)

oh! were you able to ask for an upgrade on arrival? would you happen to know the rates?

thanks!!!!

Reply to: Currently at Marival Residences Luxury Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted