We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski trip in March

Which Banff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
18 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Ski trip in March

Hi... We visited a few years back to ski and we stayed at Rimrock. It was a beautiful place but we said that next time we would stay in town and take the ski shuttle. We want to be very central and walk everywhere. We enjoy the pubs in the evening. We don't need high end or a spa or a pool.... Complementary breakfast in the morn and proximity (in front or next door to property) to the ski shuttles are our priorities. Which place on the main drag is best? All the reviews on Tripadvisor are so mixed on every place I look at..... Ptarmigan, Banff Aspen, etc.... We don't want a run down, dated place but we don't need top shelf either... Any suggestions? Thanks so much...

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski trip in March

bow view lodge is a few blocks off the main street, clean and basic. what do you want to spend per night??? and what are your dates. march is a busy time with spring breaks happening towards the end of the month.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
18 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski trip in March

We will be there Thur Mar 20- Mon 24th. We would prefer under $200 per night. I like to spend my $$ on things other than lodging, but we do want a place that isn't shabby and outdated. Most importantly we don't want to walk a block to a ski shuttle. I'll check out Bow View. Thanks

Toronto
Level Contributor
376 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski trip in March

Have you considered The Fox Hotel?

Good location. Breakfasts included.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
305 posts
637 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski trip in March

Fox is a bit of a walk into town, far end of main drag, very nice but pricier than $200. My lowish budget fave is the Ptarmigan - make sure you get a room facing outwards so you can control temp as it has a habit of being too warm in both winter and summer so fresh air good. Good free breakfast with omelette station and regular fruit and cereal etc - all in all great value and location, have stayed many times but not for a while so have a look at more recent reviews.

Rob

Calgary, Canada
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ski trip in March

Banff Park Lodge is very central. We stay there every time we go to Banff.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ski trip in March

This schedule: skibig3.com/banff-lake-louise/…

shows you where the ski shuttle stops. That should help you narrow down your choices -- if you choose one of these hotels, you will not have to walk any distance at all with your gear.

Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ski trip in March

Ptarmigan is pretty much what you describe. Breakfast is included and the shuttle is at the door. Safeway, pubs and restaurants only minutes away. skibig3 has a deal if you stay four nights as well.

skibig3.com/special/…

8. Re: Ski trip in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 13:17