We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip Palm Springs to Calgary in April - suggested stops

sarabooca
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Road Trip Palm Springs to Calgary in April - suggested stops

We are driving home from Palm Springs to Calgary in April, taking about 5 days, and would like suggestions on a scenic itinerary. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Palm Springs
Palm Springs
Greater Palm Springs, CA
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31,298 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip Palm Springs to Calgary in April - suggested stops

Have you posted in the Road Trips forum? Almost none of your trip takes place in and around Calgary, so I wouldn't expect you would have a good chance of much helpful advice from here.

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
sarabooca
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Trip Palm Springs to Calgary in April - suggested stops

Thanks, actually, I've posted in several forums, just hoping for some Snowbird input. Thanks again! :-)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road Trip Palm Springs to Calgary in April - suggested stops

totally depends what you want as 5 days is a nice amount of time for a road trip. you could drive up the coast stopping in monterey, san fran area, somewhere in oregon. or stay inland and go party a night or two in las vegas,go ski in utah for a day, stay in waterton national park for a night. i might pick two different options and then check the weather. if it's storming on one of the routes, go the other way.

Calgary
Level Contributor
794 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road Trip Palm Springs to Calgary in April - suggested stops

I assume you'll take I-15 most of the way.

Take a slight detour in Southern Utah to see Zion and Bryce Canyon.

Also by late April Yellowstone should probably be open you could divert a bit east after Salt Lake to go to Jackson WY, and on up to The Tetons and Yellowstone.

April is too early for Glacier National Park in Montana.

I have driven Redlands California to Calgary over 3 days. 5 days just buys you a little bit shorter driving per day and a few side excursions.

Edited: 15 March 2014, 14:47
Mentioned in this post
Utah
Utah
United States
Jackson
Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY
Montana
Montana
United States
California
California
United States
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
5. Re: Road Trip Palm Springs to Calgary in April - suggested stops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2015, 21:19