We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any hotels near YEG airport that offer day use?

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any hotels near YEG airport that offer day use?

We are planning a trip this summer to Maui and if we fly from Grande Prairie, we are looking at 8 hours between flights at YEG. We have a 2 year old, so it would be awesome to get the use of a hotel room for those hours so she could nap, and we could have a relaxing time before the next round of flights. We would need the room between 8am and 4pm, does anyone know of a hotel that could offer this? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Grande Prairie
Grande Prairie
Alberta, Canada
Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any hotels near YEG airport that offer day use?

Don't know of any personally, but I am willing to bet that you would pay at least a normal night's stay in any hotel to do this with any of the hotels nearby, say in southern Edmonton near South Common or out in Nisku.

My suggestion: after you deplane in Edmonton before heading to the next flight to Maui, go find one of the Airport Lounges that you can use on a Pay-per-use. Probably more affordable. You can also likely arrange to monopolize a couch for your 2 year old to take a nap.

I'm willing to bet you're flying WestJet? If so, WestJet has multiple joint arrangements with a few different other airlines for their Airline Lounge use. Show your boarding pass, and you'll get a discount.

Mentioned in this post
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
21,312 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any hotels near YEG airport that offer day use?

I don't know any off-hand, either - I'm thinking the very early check-in time may be difficult, because 8 am is usually about when housekeeping staff start for the day, and the only way they could guarantee you room availability that early is if a room is not booked the night before. The only thing I can suggest is to start phoning around to ask them.

3. Re: Are there any hotels near YEG airport that offer day use?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:40