We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MInter Gardens closing for good in October...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,582 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
MInter Gardens closing for good in October...

Wonderful Minter Gardens is closing at the end of this season in October. Apparently it is just not financially viable anymore.

We have been lucky enough to be able to visit the Gardens every summer for the last number of years as we have a collector car that has been invited to participate in their Annual Collector Car Show for some time now. This year the event is on July 21st....over 100 gorgeous classic cars spread throughout the gardens.

For those Lower Mainlanders (and our visitors) who have have never been to Minter Gardens, or if you haven't been in a while...go and check them out before they close for good. The Gardens are stunning and are absolutely worth the trip out to Chilliwack.

To the MInter Family...thank you for your wonderful contribution to our community for these many years.

Edited: 13 July 2013, 14:41
Mentioned in this post
Chilliwack
Chilliwack
British Columbia, Canada
6 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31,319 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MInter Gardens closing for good in October...

I heard that yesterday! I feel really badly the number of times we have zipped through Chilliwack and I've thought "Really must visit Minter Gardens one of these days". Well "one of these days" has arrived. I'm not a huge fan of ornamental gardens, but I do enjoy them occasionally and I do think all the fuss for Butchart is out of proportion -- there are many lovely gardens right here on the mainland that don't involve a 4 hr journey each way!

Mentioned in this post
Chilliwack
Chilliwack
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,582 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MInter Gardens closing for good in October...

They've been going for over 30 years....it's worth the trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MInter Gardens closing for good in October...

I was genuinely sad when I heard the news. I love Minter and I think it's THE best garden in the Lower Mainland (well, it's my favourite, anyway!). I'll definitely be visiting it to say goodbye in August. Such a shame!

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MInter Gardens closing for good in October...

So sad to see this beautiful place close - hope some large part of the beautiful space is saved, what a loss to the valley. So many beautiful plants, the "hen and chicks" crocodile, the Peacock etc. so beautiful.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
65,789 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MInter Gardens closing for good in October...

They are going to keep Minter Country Gardens and nursery on Young Road, but my guess is that a developer has bought the Gardens tract of land for townhouses and condos. Hundreds and hundreds of them sprouting up all over Chilliwack.

Mentioned in this post
Chilliwack
Chilliwack
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: MInter Gardens closing for good in October...

First Dino World and now this-how can a person live in such times?

Reply to: MInter Gardens closing for good in October...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chilliwack