We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nanaimo car rental

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Nanaimo car rental

I would strongly suggest that you NOT rent a car from Practicar Nanaimo. They had 2 GPS--one in German, the other didn't work. The car made a constant beeping noise. The woman who rented me the car said "I'll skip the inspection. The car is dinged up. Just bring it back without the doors hanging off." Now, they are charging me $700 for a dent. It's not worth the cheap price--you get what you pay for.

Mentioned in this post
Nanaimo
Nanaimo
Vancouver Island, Canada
Asteras Greek Taverna
$$ - $$$, Mediterranean, Greek
Le Cafe Francais
$$ - $$$, French, European, Gastropub
Hilltop Bistro
$$$$, French, Canadian, Contemporary
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
65,730 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nanaimo car rental

Welcome to the forum, Amarylis ~

With all respect, posting your first post after your visit is not nearly as effective as posting even 1 question on the forum in advance of your trip. We would suggest other companies. As well, reading other questions on the forum and the replies being given would have been beneficial to your visit. It's just no fun when avoidable things happen.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nanaimo car rental

I will agree, this is a brutal rude and inconsiderate company, I booked and then as the web site says called to arrange pick up at the Departure Bay Terminal. They then said they would only pick me up when the ferry docked. I explained i am coming for a funeral and had an appointment was on a time line and I would call as the ferry came into Departure Bay, about ten minutes out, and was told NO call when off the ferry or they would not come. I will admit I got rude but these pep]ople have no consideration and I will nevefr reserve or recommend them.

Us a real rental company.

3. Re: Nanaimo car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 09:05
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nanaimo car rental

Was just about to reserve an suv with this company for a week rental but am I glad I found all your reviews..Big thanks for posting!

Nanaimo, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Nanaimo car rental

I worked for this company, walked out due to inconsistancy and a COMPLETE DISREGARD for customer service!!! NEVER EVER rent from this place, especially if you're counting on receiving what you reserved online. I was there for an extremely short time (less than a month) and within that time 4 people didn't get the gps that they REQUIRED, when talking to the owner "Steve" his answer to they're displeasure was "sorry, we're all out" and then a very rude "what?! You can't rely on maps?!" Without a doubt, the worst attempt at customer sevice I have ever seen, and if you can imagine, an even worse boss. If you already booked, TAKE PICS OF THE CAR BEFORE TAKING IT. Also, when you rent you're going to see them use an old style credit card swipe charger, be warned they keep those copies in a box on the second floor with absolutely no security, and let's just say there were a ton of boxes, again, they are the worst.

6. Re: Nanaimo car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 13:17