We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croissants & Gelato

CA
Level Contributor
680 posts
3 reviews
Croissants & Gelato

I notice there are lots of places for coffee and ice cream sandwiches on the Bar Trail, but I'd love recommendations for:

- really flaky almond or chocolate croissants (pain de chocolat)

- gelato or artisanal ice cream (or some place w/ lots of flavors of artery clogging frozen cream)

We'll be on foot - downtown doesn't seem to need any buses. All suggestions will be welcome - just let me know how to find them!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
459 reviews
1. Re: Croissants & Gelato

Welcome to the Nanaimo Forum again ddame1.

Downtown Nanaimo is very compact and walkable. You won't really have need for bus transport.

For croissants I suggest you go to Mon Petit Choux on Commercial St next to the Library.

http://www.monpetitchoux.ca/

For ice cream, wander down to Pioneer Plaza on the Boat Basin just below the Best Western Dorchester Hotel. There are two shops there. One has a lot of flavor choices. The other does that thing where they mix the ice cream on a stone. Both are excellent and busy.

Also in the Old City Quarter is Jakeob's Ice Cream Parlour which is on Fitzwilliam Street on the hill up to the OCQ.

Have a nice time while you're here :)

CA
Level Contributor
680 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Croissants & Gelato

Thanks a lot for the info. The bakery looked wonderful - will sure check out their baked gds!

3. Re: Croissants & Gelato

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 13:17