We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry car rental pickup and taxi cost questions

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
241 reviews
Save Topic
ferry car rental pickup and taxi cost questions

I checked with Budget and was told twice that they do not provide pickup/return service from any of their Nanaimo locations. Costco also confirmed that.

National will pickup/return from their airport location to the ferry for $25 each way.

I am not sure about Enterprise's policies.

What are the closest Budget and National locations to the Departure Bay ferry terminal?

What should a taxi cost to /from those locations and the ferry terminal ?

How long should it take to get a reliable taxi from the ferry on Sat Aug 9 and return Mon 8/12 from the location to the ferry at about 1215pm , and what taxi company and phone number should I use?

Mentioned in this post
Nanaimo
Nanaimo
Vancouver Island, Canada
Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
13,150 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry car rental pickup and taxi cost questions

Google maps will tell you which location is closer.

Reviews about rental companies will help you decide which to use.

Enterprise state quite clearly that they will pick you up..lots of previous discussion about this on the forum.

Usually lots of taxis at the ferries..google or taxitime will give you costs once you input rental location.

We're happy here to give info on sights, ferries, routes, timing etc but this level of detail in your wuestion also requires some searching on your part.

For example Most posters here wouldn't have car rental addresses at their fingertips anymore than you do so we require same effort as you to find this info.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,525 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry car rental pickup and taxi cost questions

Did you talk directly to the Nanaimo office? I know they provide service at the sea plane terminal. It wouldn't surprise me if they do for the ferry. 250-760-7368 Taxi? my guess is $10.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 06:49
Mentioned in this post
Nanaimo
Nanaimo
Vancouver Island, Canada
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry car rental pickup and taxi cost questions

Welcome to the forum artnuvo.

Budget does provide complimentary pick up and drop off from their Terminal Avenue location to the Departure Bay Ferry Terminal. We often refer guests to Budget for this service alone. Their van goes by on Stewart Avenue countless times a day. Calling them directly, as noted by Alegre, will confirm this. You will need to have a confirmed reservation for them to provide this service.

What no rental car company in town offers is complimentary service to and from Duke Point Ferry Terminal which is located about 20 mins outside of downtown Nanaimo.

AC Taxi provides reliable taxi service in Nanaimo. Their moto is "Strive for 5". They try to pick you up within 5 minutes of your call. http://actaxi.ca/

Enjoy your visit to Nanaimo!

Mentioned in this post
Nanaimo
Nanaimo
Vancouver Island, Canada
4. Re: ferry car rental pickup and taxi cost questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 12:15