We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria to Nanaimo Greyhound - Arrival location

Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria to Nanaimo Greyhound - Arrival location

Hi,

Just hoping someone can help with providing the address for the drop-off point for the greyhound bus coming from Victoria.

It simple says Nanaimo BC on the greyhound site.....on google maps it says Terminal Ave...on another website it says its behind the Howard Johnson....and a few links online says its moved to the BC ferries terminal:

nanaimodailynews.com/news/nanaimo-region/gre…

I am hoping to get to Bastion st in the end.

Thx

Mentioned in this post
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Nanaimo
Nanaimo
Vancouver Island, Canada
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,892 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria to Nanaimo Greyhound - Arrival location

Google maps....

It is indeed behind the Howard Johnson, but you can't see it all from the road. Even when you are on Comox Street (where you drive down into the terminal), you can't see it because of the hill.

If you don't have much luggage, it won't be far to walk to Bastion Street.

http://goo.gl/maps/bO3Vy

Edited: 18 August 2014, 12:04
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,892 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria to Nanaimo Greyhound - Arrival location

When you look at the google map, it shows you starting up by Prideaux Street. You won't be that far up the road. When you walk up the "driveway" from the bus terminal, you will be by a Tim Horton's shop. That is Wallace Street, and you just start walking that way. Do not go down to Terminal Avenue!!! Bastion Street is actually a bridge that goes over Terminal.

I sure hope I have not confused you even more now!

Victoria
Level Contributor
168 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria to Nanaimo Greyhound - Arrival location

Does this bus not go to Departure Bay also ?

My parents took the Greyhound from Campbell River to Nanaimo and it dropped them off at Departure Bay not the Howard Johnson where I expected them to arrive. This was last month.

Mentioned in this post
Campbell River
Campbell River
Vancouver Island, Canada
Nanaimo
Nanaimo
Vancouver Island, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
66,802 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria to Nanaimo Greyhound - Arrival location

Goes to both DP and downtown.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,478 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Victoria to Nanaimo Greyhound - Arrival location

The bus terminal behind the Howard Johnson Hotel is closed. The new terminal is located at the Foot Passenger building of BC Ferries Departure Bay Ferry Terminal. This terminal is located at north end of Stewart Avenue in Central Nanaimo. The address is 680 Trans Canada Hwy.

I believe the bus does also pick up downtown near Port Place Shopping Centre however not 100% certain of this. The phone numbers are listed below.

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Nanaimo
Nanaimo
Vancouver Island, Canada
Canada
Canada
North America
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,892 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Victoria to Nanaimo Greyhound - Arrival location

You're kidding me! I saw what looked like a counter when I leaving DB as a walk on passenger, but I did not realize that was in place of the terminal behind the Howard Johnson.

That is just nuts! It can be so congested down there on a long weekend, and all summer long, it would be crazy trying to drop someone off for that bus, or pick them up!

It is a much longer walk from there to Bastion Street! If they do drop off at Port Place, you would be much better off getting off there, and walking to Bastion Street.

7. Re: Victoria to Nanaimo Greyhound - Arrival location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 13:17