We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grouse Mountain

Boca Raton
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Grouse Mountain

I was interested in booking Breakfast with Bears at Grouse Mountain. It is $122 for a family of 4, and I cannot take the free shuttle because the breakfast starts too early. Does anyone have experience with this activity? Is it interesting?

Also, it will most likely be raining. Are the lumbar jack show and the bird show covered, and will they still go on if it rains?

Thank you in advance

8 replies to this topic
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,562 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grouse Mountain

I wouldn't pay that kind of $$$ for breakfast. Especially with the little ones, not being able to eat as much as teens would! And I wouldn't be heading up to Grouse Mountain at all, unless the weather cooperated. If you can't see the top of the mountain from downtown, I wouldn't go up there. But that is just my opinion!

Boca Raton
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grouse Mountain

Thank you. The weather is not going to be the best this weekend ( sadly).

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grouse Mountain

I agree with J0an123. Grouse Mountain isn't the best in good weather. The lumberjack show and bird of prey show is uncovered and there is not much shelter up there apart from the observatory, which you wont be able to see anything from if the weather is bad. If the weather is going to be poor, then maybe Capilano suspension bridge will be better? You can still explore that on a rainy day. The kids will enjoy the tree tops adventure on the opposite side of the bridge. The trees may provide a little bit of shelter from rain too.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 19:53
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grouse Mountain

Sorry, I meant Grouse Mountain isn't the best in BAD weather.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Grouse Mountain

We did Breakfast With the Bears a couple of years ago, and we did enjoy it. It was nice to be up there with no crowds, as you get to go up an hour before the gondola opens to the public. It was raining that day, and at one point it rained HARD, but we still had fun. Feeding the bears is a cool experience, especially for kids. And you get bear ears and a little pot of honey as a souvenir (assuming it’s the same as 2016). You can stay as long as you like so if the weather clears up you can hang about for the other shows. I would recommend it if you have the budget for it.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Grouse Mountain

Make sure you dress appropriately though, the peak of Grouse Mountain tends to be a lot cooler especially if it’s raining. Long pants, jackets, closed shoes, and wear layers. The miserable people are the ones who dress like it’s summer up there.

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grouse Mountain

Hello traveller,

I think that is absolutely awesome experience to watch the bears Coola and Grinder while enjoying your breakfast! You will see them pretty close and also learn a lot about bears. To get to the mountain on time you can take a taxi. It is a pretty short ride and on the way back you can use free shuttle. In case of rain - bring umbrellas - neither lumberjack show or birds in motion has covers. Hope it wouldn't rain too much!

Have fun in Vancouver - the most beautiful city.

Olga, local guide.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grouse Mountain

And..it's beautiful and sunny today. Unexpected but nice!

Reply to: Grouse Mountain
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted