We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick shuttle to Seattle

Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Topic
Quick shuttle to Seattle

We're arriving at 7:00am from our cruise. Will we be able to catch a 9:00 quick shuttle bus? I know they pick up at the port, but I don't know how long to walk over from our Holland America dock to the bus station. What's the earliest you're usually off the ship?

2 replies to this topic
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,518 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick shuttle to Seattle

I don't think so... The ship arrives at that time, but it does take a while to get organized. Priority is given to those with flights to catch from the airport. And they tell you not to book anything before noon. Mind you, it takes longer to get to the airport too, and you have to arrive two hours before a flight.

If you keep your own luggage with you, and carry it off yourselves, you will get off quicker.

Not sure what you mean about the walk over to the bus station. You said they pick up at the port.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick shuttle to Seattle

There seem to be later pickups and you should probably pick one of them. Once the ship docks, Canada Customs will board to check the ship prior to passengers leaving. This can be a quick check or a longer check depending what they find or don't find.

Passengers leaving in a sequence determined by the purser. You should get a form from the cruise desk around 24 hours prior to arrival. It will ask you about transfers flights etc. from those answers your departure from the ship will be determined.

You will then need to clear Canada Customs and Immigration which may take some time. It also depends on how many other cruise ships be in port at the same time you are.

The bus pick up stop is after you clear Canada Customs and Immigration. You will see taxi cabs and a large number of buses just outside the Customs area. That is where you will find the Quick Coach along with numerous other buses. It is fairly well signed, you will not have a problem.

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Reply to: Quick shuttle to Seattle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted