We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

condo vs hotel whistler

Saint Anns, Canada
12 posts
Save Topic
condo vs hotel whistler

heading to whistler during summer. Looking for an affordable place for a family. Weighing hotels vs condo. Where is the best place to stay? Have rented condos in Caribbean through redweek for great prices. Not much of a savings for Whistler. Any suggestions?

4 replies to this topic
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,892 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: condo vs hotel whistler

Welcome to Trip Advisor!

I'd check out

https://www.alluradirect.com/whistler/

for a condo stay.

Or Travelzoo for some deals. I just took advantage of one deal for the Hilton for a night, and it included free parking and a late check out. But the deals are harder to come by during the summer months.

How long are you wanting to stay there? And how many in the family? The more information you share with us, the more we can help you.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,280 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: condo vs hotel whistler

Restaurants in Whistler are on the expensive side so if you are interested in cooking some of your own meals then I would opt for the condo and as close to Whistler or Blackhome village. There is an grocery store in Whistler but stocking up in Vancouver could be a savings.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: condo vs hotel whistler

Delta Whistler Suites have small kitchens

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: condo vs hotel whistler

It's pretty much service level. Hotels usually have restaurants attached, room service, valet parking, concierge, 24 hour front desk. Condo's are more self serve. In Whistler many of the hotels (with the exception of Four Seasons and Fairmont) are like condo's, and have kitchens so you can get the best of both.

Reply to: condo vs hotel whistler
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted