We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice

8 posts
Save Topic
Advice

Hello, i just wondering can you give me an advice? I will be moving to scarborough from saskatchewan and i will be starts travelling from winnipeg to scarborough, ontario. I dont have much idea where are those gas stations and hotel along that way. Thank you

12 replies to this topic
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
640 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice

The average trip from Winnipeg to southern Ontario takes 3 days. First stop for the night would be Thunder Bay, second stop Sault Ste. Marie, then your final destination the third day. This gives you roughly 7-8 hours driving each day.

Mentioned in this post
Winnipeg
Winnipeg
Manitoba, Canada
Thunder Bay
Thunder Bay
Thunder Bay District, Canada
Paradise, Canada
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice

Try www.gasbuddy.com

Edited: 09 June 2018, 22:07
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice

Actually we are start driving from regina,

saskatchewan going to winnipeg and winnipeg to scarborough, ontario.

Edited: 12 June 2018, 14:06
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice

But do you have an idea which place having a hotel that we can stop by during the night?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice

There are hotels and gas stations all along your route. Where do you want to find a hotel and what's your budget?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
23,312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice

Winnipeg, Thunder Bay, & Sault Ste. Marie are all large communities with hotels and gas stations. Use google maps to find hotels on your route. Use gas buddy to find gas stations.

https://goo.gl/maps/bxJShGagr5y

It's a well traveled route - you won't have problems.

For example: google maps with hotels in Thunder Bay:

https://goo.gl/maps/hmvE2FvFbUA2

Use the Nearby search tool to find hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Winnipeg
Winnipeg
Manitoba, Canada
Thunder Bay
Thunder Bay
Thunder Bay District, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice

First stop by will be in kenora. And 2nd stop will be thunderbay and third will be sault ste marie.

8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice

First stop by will be in kenora. And 2nd stop will be thunderbay and third will be sault ste marie.

8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice

Okay thank you. Do i need to bring a back up gas can? Or no? Since there are many gas stations along the way?

Edited: 13 June 2018, 00:36
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
23,312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice

You are being very confusing ... first you say you are leaving from Winnipeg, then Regina, via Winnipeg. Which is it? Are you stopping for the night in Winnipeg or not?

Kenora is only 2.5 hours from Winnipeg. It makes some sense as a stop from Regina, but not Winnipeg. Kenora is also a smaller centre than the other locations mentioned, so accommodation availability will be limited.

You also haven't said when this trip is happening.

No you don't need a gas can - pay attention to your gauge and keep it filled up. And - use the resources available to you for planning - google maps & gasbuddy. We aren't doing all your work for you here.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 00:41
Mentioned in this post
Winnipeg
Winnipeg
Manitoba, Canada
Regina
Regina
Saskatchewan, Canada
Kenora
Kenora
Kenora District, Canada
Reply to: Advice