We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunromin Campground?

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dunromin Campground?

My hubby and I were thinking about taking our kids (5 & 11) to Dunromin Campground this coming weekend, but the posts I'm reading on here about the campground are less than glamorous! I notice they're all quite dated though, so I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experiences there? Either last year or even this year would be great!

Thanks!

32 replies to this topic
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Dunromin Campground?

I have been camping in Nova Scotia for 5 years and I have never been to a more… irritating “Campground” in that time. When I think of camping I want to enjoy time outside, away from the mayhem and stress that is the city. Places like Caribou Munroes, Keji and Blomidon to name but three of 50 that are great in this province. Then there is this place… From the moment I drove in, following behind the heavy two-way traffic and narrowly squeezing past parked vehicles and tents, the image of an NHL game that just finished came to mind. When I got to my “Spot” I stopped and walked over to check out how I was going to back in. After about 5 minutes of talking to my neighbours we figured out which fire pit was mine because they are about 20 feet part. When I set-up camp with my small motorhome (23 feet) I pulled right to the back corner of the postage stamp they call a site and the stairs of my unit still couldn’t be pulled out because they would hit the fire pit…. I had much more room camping in my driveway at home with nobody literally looking in my window. We stuck it out the first night and didn’t bother to light a fire because there were already 4 other pits within viewing distance, I could go on but you get the point. With so many beautiful, private places in the province there is no reason to go here.

Mentioned in this post
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Dunromin Campground?

i

Edited: 07 August 2015, 20:40
Reply to: Dunromin Campground?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Annapolis Royal