We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple Blossom Festival

Prudhoe, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Apple Blossom Festival

During our trip to NS we want to stay in a convenient place to see the various events that go on during the above festival. I've looked on their website but the timing of the events aren't listed as yet. I would like to see the grand parade and go to evening music/celebrations that may be going on. Would it be best to stay overnight on the friday, saturday and sunday or saturday, sunday, and monday? Can anyone recommend which area would be the best to stay in please? Kentville or Wolfville? We would like to be able to walk to things rather than having to drive if that's possible.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Jo

Mentioned in this post
Wolfville
Wolfville
Southwest Nova Scotia, Canada
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple Blossom Festival

Hi Jo

Most of the events for the Apple Blossom Festival take place in Kentville, including the street parade and the fireworks. The coronation of the queen takes place Friday night in Wolfville at Convocation Hall at Acadia University. I am sure the concerts for the most part take place in Kentville as well. If there are various activities in both area that interest you, there is public transportation in the form of Kings Transit buses, not sure if their schedule will be convenient for you.

Depending on what type of accommodation you are looking for, I would probably say stay in Kentville, and stay Friday night thru Sunday. Usually on Monday, the festivities are over for the most part, except the royal party goes on a tour of schools in the Valley.

Wolfville has several lovely B&Bs to choose from. Kentville has a couple of motels but my first choice for motels would be Allen's www.allensmotel.ns.ca/allensmotel2.html There are also a few B&Bs in town, and a couple of them are on the parade route like Wickwire House. In any case, they will all be booked up for the weekend by the time of the Festival.

Mentioned in this post
Wolfville
Wolfville
Southwest Nova Scotia, Canada
Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park
Mount Desert Island, ME
Halifax
Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple Blossom Festival

Unfortunately we do not have reliable public transportation so would not depend on it between the two.

Part of the splendor of the Blossom's is driving in the country with fields full, I would suggest a loop drive across the dykes to Canning and on to Blomidon and then to Look off with views of 3 counties- on a clear day it is absolutely magnificent. -you could proceed to Hall's Harbour on Bay of Fundy and into Kentville then loop around and take turn off for Grreenwich and pick up Ridge road another fabulous view also go on to Gaspereau Valley and Visit some of the award winning wineries at the same time.

The Ball is on the Friday usually and the Queening!!!

Parade Saturday AM, fireworks, rock concert Saturday night so which nights you spend up to you I would keep at least one day either ahead of or after weekend influx.

Hope that is somewhat helpful, need Maryann to give you a Google Map for route!!!

Edited: 30 January 2013, 04:08
Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
13,852 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apple Blossom Festival

Here is the approximate route Lulu mentions. It gives you a rough idea anyhow. This has beautiful views on both sides of the valley. I love the Gaspereau area. You have to go to Luckett's winery just for the view.

http://winesofnovascotia.ca/

4. Re: Apple Blossom Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Annapolis Royal