We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where 2 meet my elderly in-laws when they come from NF ferry

Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where 2 meet my elderly in-laws when they come from NF ferry

Greetings:

My wife and I are staying in Halifax this summer. My elderly in-laws are coming to visit us in Halifax on July 25, 2008. They are coming via the Newfoundland-Nova Scotia ferryway (from Port auz Basques, NFLD to North Sydney). My wife is concerned (due to her parents' age) about meeting them after they arrive in Nova Soctia. Her parents don't want us to meet them when they get off the ferry in North Sydney but my wife would like to meet them after they come across the Canso Causeway. We would like to stay overnight in Antigonish or nearby and then the next morning meet her folks at some appropriate and logical spot near the Canso Causeway or Antigonish. Can anyone make any recommendations about the following:

1) A nice place to stay on the night of July 24 in Antigonish or near Antigonish?

2) Most important of all, a good place to meet her parents after they come off the causeway? This place has to be easy to describe to her folks on the telephone before they leave Newfoundland. A place with a landmark would be great.

Please note that if anyone can recommend a more logical cource of action than staying in Antigonish one night and can also recommend a better place to meet them than near Antigonish, please feel free to advice me of this.

Any advice given is greatly appreciated.

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where 2 meet my elderly in-laws when they come from NF ferry

Why don't you stay in Port Hawkesbury? It's on the Cape Breton side of the causeway, there is a good selection of places to stay there, and there's a great breakfast place (Smitty's) there to have a bite before hitting the road again.

2. Re: Where 2 meet my elderly in-laws when they come from NF ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Antigonish