We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney Airport Food?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney Airport Food?

We will be arriving last on a Saturday night in August at the airport and picking up our rental car. From the airport website it looks like there is only one food place (Chef Todds) at the airport? Is there not any fast food/Tim Hortons/etc there or would we have to plan to try to find something to eat in downtown Sydney late Saturday night?

8 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney Airport Food?

if you do a google map search for the airport, and then do a search Nearby for restaurants, all the ones closest to the airport will come up.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
14,108 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney Airport Food?

Or ask around when you get there.

Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney Airport Food?

Here's a link -

https://www.sydneyairport.com.au/eat

I would also suggest that you download a terminal map - so you know where you are going once you get there.

https:/…international

Also if its your first trip to Australia - just make sure that you know about you can and cannot bring into Australia as we have very strict quarantine regulations and if you don't declare then it's a big deal and will take up a lot of time.

Plus if you want your money to go further: https://www.shopadocket.com.au

There is a free app for it.

Discount coupons - they are usually on the back of shopping receipts, but you can access them online.

Just key in the area i.e. suburb/town or item (zoo) etc. you are interested in and see what deals are around.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney Airport Food?

Christine H - the poster here is going to Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA ... not Sydney, Australia.

Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney Airport Food?

sorry

Canada
Level Contributor
4,956 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sydney Airport Food?

I knew something was wrong when Christine posted a terminal map. For the Sydney airport.

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sydney Airport Food?

It would be doubtful that Chef Todd's would be open in the evening anyway.

How late will you be arriving? You will be passing a string of fast food restaurants on the way downtown, but if you'd like something nicer it'll depend on the time of day.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sydney Airport Food?

We're getting in past midnight so I think we'll be hitting up a 24 hour Tim Hortons in Sydney!

I didn't realize how small the airport actually was until I google-mapped it so i have a bit more realistic expectations now haha

Reply to: Sydney Airport Food?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sydney
More Sydney Topics