We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October 4 Sydney, Oct. 5 Halifax Oceania Regatta

Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,448 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
October 4 Sydney, Oct. 5 Halifax Oceania Regatta

We also are cruising. I have posted on Cruise Critic and the Roll Call is inactive.

I am wondering about the waters we sail. I am prone to seasickness and hoping that time of year, the waters will be smooth sailing. Knowing there are exceptions to everything, what is fall like?

How are your temperatures?

We are expecting beautiful scenery and looking forward to meeting local residents. Some of us still remember the kindness that was shown to weary travelers on 9/11, by the people of Nova Scotia.

Thank you so much.

Montreal, Quebec City, St. Lawrence River, Stanley Island, Halifax, Bay of Fundy and etc.

1 reply
Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
12,453 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October 4 Sydney, Oct. 5 Halifax Oceania Regatta

You needed to go to the Ports of Call part of the Cruise Critic forums which are here:

Since I live here and have not cruised into Halifax or Sydney I cannot say too much. From what I have read the seas are quite variable.

October is generally a lovely month though you can get rain. The temperatures may be cool. I would suggest dressing in layers with a waterproof jacket and a heavy sweater or fleece liner. It is much easier to take off excess layers than to not have them and be cold. It may be warm enough for shorts and sandals, but that is unlikely. This recent thread will help a bit: boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

If you google each port and add the word climate you may get more exact information.

You will see beautiful scenery, especially if you get away from the port cities.

Here are two links for information about Halifax and Sydney;

Reply to: October 4 Sydney, Oct. 5 Halifax Oceania Regatta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sydney
Recent Conversations
More Sydney Topics
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question