We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

qualiy inn?

ottawa
3 posts
Save Topic
qualiy inn?

hows the quality inn in dartmouth? is it clean and comfortable?

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: qualiy inn?

The only Quality Inn I can find in the phone book is in Halifax. I don't know what it's like, but it looks fairly new. It's on the outskirts of Halifax, near the Bayers Lake big box store shopping area. Would probably take 15-20 minutes to drive downtown.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: qualiy inn?

I drove by the Quality Inn this afternoon. (I don't drive but I have a guest from Toronto, so I got over to that part of the city.) From the outside, the hotel is just a box - very plain - but new, as I mentioned. However, there is some construction going on one side of it and the highway on the other side, so it might be noisy. There is a Holiday Inn across the street, which might be a better choice.

Montreal, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: qualiy inn?

Hi,

I just returned from a one-week trip to the Maritimes, and stayed one night at the Quality Inn. We had no complaints about the accomodations, it was clean and typical of what you'd expect from these types of chain hotels, and if there was construction I didn't notice it...but it's not "right next" to the Mic Mac mall, as they advertise! You have to take your car and go across the highway to get there. It's about 10 minutes from downtown Halifax also (there's a $0.75 toll to pay to cross the bridge).

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: qualiy inn?

Thanks for the feedback, Debs.

Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: qualiy inn?

as Bedlace has posted, he/she has the wrong hotel. theres a Quailty Inn in Dartmouth and in Halifax. I have stayed at the one in Dartmouth and the one in halifax. i found the dartmouth location very plain and had a musty ouder. the beds were simmons beauty rest so that was good. all in all , if you have the extra money, go to the Westin on Hollis street in downtown halifax.

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: qualiy inn?

Isn't Best Western, Micmac Hotels closer than the Quality Inn.?

I would think the Lakeview Inn & Suites and Rodd Future Inns are the most suitable for the Bayers Lake Industrial Park area..Holiday Inn Express on Kearney Lake Rd is another option.

I have enjoyed my stays at the Park Place Ramada Plaza Hotel in Dartmouth..good value for your dollar..

Citadel Halifax Hotel on Brunswick St, is the most economical downtown hotel. Location is perfect and the rates are always lower than their competitors in the downtown district...A good choice for the budget conscience...

regards..

Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: qualiy inn?

i dont want to feel like a no-it-all here...lol. but the Best Western Mica Mac Hotel changed to a quality inn in 2004. it is now the quailty inn mic mac. the rooms are dank and smelly. i would suggest the holiday inn express or the holiday inn halifax centre on robie st.

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: qualiy inn?

no problem Shane---thanks for the clarification..regards...

Huatulco, Mexico
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: qualiy inn?

I stayed here just before New Year's and I agree about the 'quality' issue. Originally I thought it would be worthwhile at $72/night and as we needed to visit the MicMac Mall and were on foot. However, as another reviewer commented, it is NOT next to the Mall... in fact we spent $14 on taxis for the combined trip over and back. There was an alternative motel just across the street - a better bet at $55 - though anywhere in Dartmouth would probably result in the same cab fare.

BTW, we were told that all taxi drivers heading out to the airport charge a flat $45 fee from Dartmouth. (We made friends with ours and shared the fare with him as he also was heading off on a trip the next morning.)

Halifax
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: qualiy inn?

I have not stayed at the Quality Inn in Dartmouth, but I can recommend the restaurant, Rocco's, highly. It is, however, fine dining, and the quality and prices may be a little high for a Quality Inn.

The description that it is right next to MicMac Mall is misleading, but the Mall is, in fact, no more than a 15 minute walk away. I lived in this area for 25 years and always walked to MicMac Mall.

As the journey should be no more than 10 minutes by car (assuming the traffice lights are against you) I am appalled that anyone was charged $14 to get to or from the Mall.

From the Quality Inn the safest walking route would be to cross the Superstore parking lot, use the crosswalk at the traffic lights on the opposite side of that parking lot. Take the walking trail to the right after crossing the street and follow it around the lakeshore. Once the trail dips down along an on-ramp by the highway, you are within sight of the Mall. Proceed left to another set of traffic lights and cross over to the Mall.

The speed of traffic along the highway may put some people off walking along there. It's unfortunate, because it gives you time to enjoy the views of Lakes Banook and MicMac.

Get answers to your questions about Dartmouth