We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dartmouth Nightlife

london
4 posts
Dartmouth Nightlife

Hello,

A group of 11 ladies aged in their late 20's are coming to Dartmouth for the weekend in September. We are looking for a lively place to have dinner and then go on somewhere else for a few cocktails somewhere with a late license, maybe somewhere we can have a dance too. Is Dartmouth going to be suitable or would you recommend Torquay?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Toronto
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Dartmouth Nightlife

Most of the nightlife action takes place on the Halifax side of the harbour, which is only a quick ferry ride away from Dartmouth...you can walk to many of the downtown hotspots. I would recommend trying a few different bars, you can't go wrong with the Econony Shoe Shop for coaktails and people watching; from there you are close to several dance clubs - I believe the 'Liquor Dome' (several bars under one roof) is open till 3:30 AM.

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Dartmouth Nightlife

Halifax is definatly a "bar hopping" kind of town..The Dome is open late and is a good choice for music, dance etc.

You'll find it hard to stay in one bar that's for sure, as there are so many, so close together. All unique and different in their own way.

If you choose to take the ferry from Dartmouth, you'll be bombarded by the selection right there in Historic Properties, but make your way to Argyle Street, Grafton, and the Spring Garden Road area if you can. Halifax is small and compact downtown so making your way around will be very easy.

regards..

Halifax
Level Contributor
223 posts
3. Re: Dartmouth Nightlife

Somehow I think this poster is referring to Dartmouth (UK)...

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Dartmouth Nightlife

that could be..

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,304 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Dartmouth Nightlife

That's for sure. Torquay is near Dartmouth (UK).

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Dartmouth Nightlife

londonhen: Having just visited both Dartmouth and Torquay, I'd stick with Torquay as it's more of a resort type area with lots of restaurants and bars.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
15,041 posts
322 reviews
7. Re: Dartmouth Nightlife

You'll find plenty to do in Dartmouth, but perhaps Torquay will be a bit more lively for your tastes.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
69 reviews
8. Re: Dartmouth Nightlife

I dont know much about Dartmouths Night Life - although i suspect there isn't much that could suit your Hen party.

If coming to Torquay I would suggest you try Jingles Tex Mex Restaurant at the Harbour, great life and very popular with the groups - good cocktails there too. You are then within a stones throw of the clubs and late night bars. There will be plenty for you to choose from, loads of places with cocktails and dancing.

Can I also suggest that if you want to get lots of different thoughts on this re post your question in the UK Forum.

london
4 posts
9. Re: Dartmouth Nightlife

Wow, thank you all for your responses! Im a first time user and am so impressed with the help i have recieved! Thanks for the tip on re-posting on the UK forum- oops!

10. Re: Dartmouth Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Dartmouth