We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homebase for 5-day vacation with children

Toronto, Canada
14 posts
Save Topic
Homebase for 5-day vacation with children

I am planning a five day vacation for myself, my husband, our six-year-old and our three month old baby. We plan to explore the natural wonders of the Bay of Fundy, spending most of our time outdoors but need the conveniences of a resort with meals and amenities that we can use as our home-base.

Would you recommend Digby? And if so, should we fly into Saint John and take the ferry across or fly to Halifax and drive to Digby? And finally would you recommend a Digby Pines or is there a better option?

Many thanks for your advice.

3 replies to this topic
New Minas, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Homebase for 5-day vacation with children

Digby Pines would work fine for you. These tours might interest you.

http://www.gaeltours.ca/tours.html

However if you wish to observe the extreme tide difference, it would be better to stay at the upper end of the Bay of Fundy nearer the Wolfville area. Hall's Harbour area & Scots Bay area are great places to view the tide difference.

bayoffundytourism.com/worlds-highest-tides/…

I suggest that you fly into Halifax and you could stop in this area on your way to or from Digby.

If you wish to stay in this area, the Old Orchard in & Spa is on the outskirts of Wolfville aprox an hour's drive from the airport. There are also some lovely inns in the town of Wolfville.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,836 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Homebase for 5-day vacation with children

I agree. You want to be at the upper end of the Bay of Fundy. Check out the Evangeline Inn and Motel in Grand Pre. They have a pool and restaurant. The Blomidon Inn in Wolfville would be lovely.

You could also look at staying in Parrsboro which is handy for Advocate Harbour, Cape D'Or, Cape Chignecto Park, etc. There are several lovely inns there and restaurants close by.

Here is the link to our Bay of Fundy top Question: http://bit.ly/2lGS07p

Toronto, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Homebase for 5-day vacation with children

Many thanks. Your advice has been very helpful..

Reply to: Homebase for 5-day vacation with children
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Digby