We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. John-Digby ferry

Newton(Boston), MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
St. John-Digby ferry

How rough is the ferry crossing from St. John to Digby? are you able to sit outside (weather permitting)?

22 replies to this topic
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
14,905 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: St. John-Digby ferry

hi

a reminder

if you are going to Saint John NB you want to be careful about the spelling. St Johns or St. John's could get you going to Newfoundland when doing research.

Bangor, ME
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: St. John-Digby ferry

I believe the ferry now in use is 1 year old making older comments possibly void. The roughness of the trip depends of course on the weather. Occasionally they can be pretty bad but not usually. The ferry to Grand Manan has had extremely rough trips.When we went in early July the only outside area I saw was the rear of the ship, however since it was foggy and raining the entire time I did not make an effort to inquire further. The center of the passenger level seemed very noisy with a lot of vibration. The quietist place was the very front where you can look out the large windows. U.S. passengers should be aware of any time difference.

Reply to: St. John-Digby ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Digby