We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Airport Hotel?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
749 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Which Airport Hotel?

Sending my daughter to Ryerson for her 2nd year end of Aug. Hotel prices in downtown TO are too much for my budget. Also planning to rent a car, so need parking without downtown prices. I've driven from the airport to downtown TO before so the location and distance doesn't bother me. Planning on staying at an airport hotel with low or no parking cost. Narrowed it down to these 2 choices:

- Doubletree by Hilton Toronto Airport West on Dixie Rd. at $119/night + $16/day parking

- Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga at Matheson Blvd. at $112/night, no parking cost.

Which one is good or better for the neighborhood, room cleanliness, breakfast, etc. Any advice or guidance would be wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton...
86 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga
Hilton Garden Inn...
945 Reviews
Mississauga, Canada
Mississauga
Mississauga
Ontario, Canada
2 replies to this topic
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
80,269 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Airport Hotel?

Hi RichmondCA;

Staying by the airport is a false economy, when you factor in the cost of a rental car & parking in downtown Toronto.

Neither hotel is located in a better neighbourhood. Both are located in a busy industrial / commercial area, and the area is the main hub of the Canadian trucking industry. There will be heavy truck traffic 24/7.

Of the two, the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga would be a bit quieter.

Best Regards

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga
Hilton Garden Inn...
945 Reviews
Mississauga, Canada
Mississauga
Mississauga
Ontario, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
749 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Airport Hotel?

Oh dear, sounds like a busy area. Do you have any other recommendations I can check the prices on near the airport? Thanks in advance!

Yes, the rental car will be necessary - and may I add expensive enough (like the downtown hotels on that weekend). I'd need to rent one regardless of staying downtown or not. I need to drive around and buy furniture, supplies, etc. with my daughter to furnish the apt she's moving into with friends. Uber costs will mount and I'm not sure the Uber driver will want to wait for us to load up our Ikea purchases.

Reply to: Which Airport Hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mississauga