We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Advice Needed

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
59 posts
634 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Advice Needed

I will be staying at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel in August for a couple nights and would to see if anyone could recommend some restaurants nearby. I especially like the idea of going into the underground and can walk a ways as needed. I am a pescatarian so meat places are out but I love seafood. Advice would be most welcomed. Thank you.

Best Seller
Quebec City and Montmorency Falls Day...
1,419 Reviews
from US$90.20*
Best Seller
Montreal City Guided Sightseeing Tour
1,144 Reviews
from US$43.90*
Best Seller
Montreal City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
618 Reviews
from US$43.20*
6 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,298 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Advice Needed

Please keep in mind that the underground is only a bunch of corridors that link office buildings with each other.. + a few commercial centres... Nothing very exciting.. (some links can also be closed at night!) and not where you will find a great selction of restaurants.. more food courts than anything else!

You can go to portuguese restaurant Ferreira Café on Peel street just North of Ste-Catherine St. http://ferreiracafe.com/en/

Edited: 08 June 2018, 00:29
2. Re: Restaurant Advice Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2018, 05:35
Edited: 08 June 2018, 05:35

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Advice Needed

I also second Ferreira Café and it's little less expensive brother Taverne F.

Another high class and hyper expensive ethnic, Milos serving fishes flown from Greece every day. Lunch is costing way less there but it is not located downtown.

Right downtown though and just a stone throw from the QE Taverne Square Dominion is an authentic tavern from the roaring 20's that offers a mix of Brit, French and Canadian influences with many good fish choices, including the sea phoughman board.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Advice Needed

I think you would love Thursday 's restaurant on crescent street It is walking distance. Actually many restaurants and night life are on crescent .

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
62 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Advice Needed

Here you go; a couple places you can reach via the "underground city" that have good seafood options:

Cafe Ferreira, Deville Dinerbar, Renoir, Jatoba

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Advice Needed

There is also Ikanos, Molivos and Mythos that are fantastic greeks for seafoods, as well as the Portuguese restaurant Porto Mar (super good!). For vegetarian options try Lola Rosa, Lov, Panthère Verte and Venice!

Reply to: Restaurant Advice Needed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted