We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation Location Advice for Fall Driving Trip Sought

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
87 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation Location Advice for Fall Driving Trip Sought

My husband and I are planning a fall "leaf peeping" trip to Quebec the first week of October. Our flight into Montreal will arrive in the evening. The following day, we would like to drive up to Mont Tremblant, mainly to enjoy the fall colors. From there, we will head to the Fairmont Le Manior Richelieu (whale watching in Tadoussac), then to Quebec City, returning for our flight home from Montreal. On this trip we will not be spending any time in the city of Montreal itself. We are renting a car. My question concerns the first two nights. I initially thought we could find a hotel around the airport, drive to the Laurentains the next day, go see the lantern festival at the Montreal Botanic Gardens that night, then the following day, head in the direction of La Malbaie. However, in looking at a map, I thought that it might make more sense to give up the idea of the botanic gardens and base ourselves someplace else. Could anyone suggest an area that would be convenient for two nights, i.e. not far from the airport, and not off the beaten track for both Mont Tremblant. and La Malbaie. Alternatively, we could just stay one night by the airport and someplace else the next night. It is just nice to not have to change hotels every night. Thanks so much in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Mont Tremblant
Mont Tremblant
Quebec, Canada
Tadoussac
Tadoussac
Quebec, Canada
Quebec City
Quebec City
Quebec, Canada
La Malbaie
La Malbaie
Quebec, Canada
1 reply
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
18,848 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation Location Advice for Fall Driving Trip Sought

hi

another option to consider

We went to Magog directly from the airport for leaf peeping but we arrived around 4 pm; then spent 3 nights - We then went to Tadoussac via the ferry from Riviere du Loup to Saint Simeon and came back via Quebec City with a detour to Cap Tourmente and Route du Roi (360 and 362) along Sainte Anne de Beaupre.

2 yrs ago it was peak colours Oct 01 - friends that went last year were not so lucky.

https://flic.kr/p/Mz12yg

Mentioned in this post
Magog
Magog
Quebec, Canada
Tadoussac
Tadoussac
Quebec, Canada
Riviere du Loup
Riviere du Loup
Bas-Saint-Laurent, Canada
Quebec City