We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekday vs Weekend in Quebec City? To-do list?

S J
Boston...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weekday vs Weekend in Quebec City? To-do list?

Hi folks!

So, I come to you for answers, oh wiseth ones.

First, I am debating between spending the week vs. weekend in Quebec city, or rather, which to finish off with- start during the week and end trip over weekend or start on weekend and end in the middle of the week? What is ideal? Trip will be approx. 5 days including travel.

Next, what places need to be hit up? Food spot suggestions would be very much appreciated as well! (Vegetarian please).

I am so excited to see your input!!

Mentioned in this post
Quebec City
Quebec City
Quebec, Canada
iX pour Bistro
$$$$, American, International, Fusion
Restaurant Initiale
$$$$, European, French
Laurie Raphael
$$$$, Canadian, Contemporary
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekday vs Weekend in Quebec City? To-do list?

First at what time will you be visiting?

Second will you be with a car? I supppose that you will be driving from Boston, if so do you consider that your vacation days will include two driving days?

Third what is your approximate budget?

Fourth what are your tastes for things to do?

Fifth did you have a look at the Things to Do box on top of this page? You should really do so and tell us a bit about your preselection. Note that many of the things listed (Terrasse Dufferin, Place Royale, Rue du Petit Champlain, etc.) are actually part of the general Old Québec area that is the first suggestion in the Things to Do. section.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Terrasse Dufferin
Terrasse Dufferin
3,034 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Place Royale
Place Royale
1,572 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Champlain
Champlain
475 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
265 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekday vs Weekend in Quebec City? To-do list?

Indeed, for weekday vs. weekend it really depends on when you come. Weekends tend to be busier, of course. On Monday some museums are closed. But otherwise, in the summer, it doesn't change anything.

As for vegetarian restaurants, it's something that's seriously lacking in Quebec City. There's only one vegan restaurant in Lévis, le Soixante 5 (close to the ferry, on the south shore of the river), but I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy, it's just horrible. Most restaurants will offer vegetarian options though. The safest bet are always the thai/viet/cambodian, the indian and the morrocan/tunisian/algerian places, which offer plenty of vegetarian dishes. Otherwise, Nina Pizza offers the best margherita pizza.

Mentioned in this post
Quebec City
Quebec City
Quebec, Canada
S J
Boston...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekday vs Weekend in Quebec City? To-do list?

@ RickB

Thanks so much for your message!

We are visiting in August.

We will have our own car.

Our budget is modest but I am willing to spend for quality.

Taste for things to do- anything really, just walking around and sightseeing with the family. We do, however, love nature.

I did take a look at the Things to Do section and have researched, I suppose I was asking more in the way of lesser-known items or food places.

S J
Boston...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekday vs Weekend in Quebec City? To-do list?

@Jeffqc

Thanks for the heads up....I will have to do some serious Yelping before checking out a place!

5. Re: Weekday vs Weekend in Quebec City? To-do list?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2018, 12:17