We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber in Quebec City

Princeton, NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Uber in Quebec City

How prevalent is Uber in Quebec City? My wife and I will be visiting in late August and I m wondering if Uber is a strong option for getting to/from the airport and other places not in walking distance to the hotel.

I read a thread from 2015 which said Uber was not prevalent in Quebec City. Then read other threads where some folks seem to indicate that they were able to use Uber effectively in Quebec City.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

12 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uber in Quebec City

Wnat is wrong with taxis?

Princeton, NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uber in Quebec City

I find in the States that it is easier (and usually less costly) to hail an Uber or Lyft. Just pull out your phone and order the car.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uber in Quebec City

Yes it is available, no problem!

Princeton, NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uber in Quebec City

Thanks for confirming.

Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uber in Quebec City

Hi. I was in Quebec City a year and a half ago. (Back then uber was not allowed at the airport, may have since changed). However since my flight did not get in until until after 1:00 a.m., I would have not even considered uber anyway! Now, I would like to point out the very efficient taxi service fron the QC airport. Once you embark from plane and get your luggage, you simply walk out the airport and follow the sign to taxi pickup area, where an airport employee requests your destinattion and calls over taxi for you. Very helpful and efficient and safe considering the hour. So, even if you wanted to use uber another time during your stay, I would recommend the taxi from the airport.

Edited: 25 June 2017, 01:35
Princeton, NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uber in Quebec City

Thanks. Good additional insight. Any idea what the taxi's charge to get from the airport to the old town area (Auberge Saint Antoine)?

Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uber in Quebec City

I just googled it. $34.25 airport to Old Quebec. And it' s still $15 for shorter trips. That is what I paid back then too.

Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uber in Quebec City

I almost forgot, the figures I stated are CAD so it will turn out a better deal forvyou, as will your trip, what with the current exchange rate. They take plastic too if you don' t yet have Canadian cash. But please obtain some Canadian cash when you can :)

Banks, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uber in Quebec City

I almost forgot, the figures I stated are CAD so it will turn out a better deal forvyou, as will your trip, what with the current exchange rate. The taxis take plastic too if you don' t yet have Canadian cash. But please obtain some Canadian cash when you can :). It is a courtesy and only makes sense :)

Calgary
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uber in Quebec City

Here's a recent experience: Uber does not have upfront pricing in Quebec City. For a $35 taxi ride (to the airport) the Uber driver charged $52. (The estimate was $22-30). It was not a surge/peak time; there was no reason. On complaining to Uber they refunded $10. I would NOT recommend uber in Quebec city, some drivers obviously just use it to rip off tourists.

Reply to: Uber in Quebec City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted