We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montmorency Falls

Collinsville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
51 reviews
17 helpful votes
Montmorency Falls

My husband and I will be in Quebec City Aug.1-7th. We will not have a car.

We would like to visit Montmorency Falls, but not on a short tour; we would like to spend a leisurely amount of time there. It looks like the tours only spend a short time at the falls.

Is it possible to take a cab, or is there another means of travel to the site?

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

18 replies to this topic
Texas
Level Contributor
7,113 posts
225 reviews
164 helpful votes
1. Re: Montmorency Falls

I don’t know if this is a possibility but one year the Mr and I were in Charleston SC. We wanted to visit a plantation but didn’t want the hassle or parking expensive of having a car. We solved the problem by just renting a car for the day. Enterprise picked us up from our hotel that morning and dropped us back off at our hotel after we turned in the car.

Could that work? :)

Edited: 13 July 2018, 04:20
Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
647 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Montmorency Falls

Best way would be to use the bus

Metrobus route 800 has it's eastern terminal at the top of Montmorency falls. Travel time is 35 to 45 minutes from downtown Quebec and services is every 15 minutes or better 7 days a week.

Info: www.rtcquebec.ca/Default.aspx…

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
81 reviews
15 helpful votes
3. Re: Montmorency Falls

I would also recommend public transportation

Maine
Level Contributor
181 posts
21 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Montmorency Falls

We took the Metrobus 800 to Montmorency Falls a couple years ago and it worked out very well. We got to spend as much time as we wanted at the Falls, had a leisurely lunch at the Manoir Montmorency, and caught the bus back when we were ready.

Texas
Level Contributor
7,113 posts
225 reviews
164 helpful votes
5. Re: Montmorency Falls

Wow. This is great information. I'm adding it to my planning notes. :)

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
13,222 posts
78 reviews
66 helpful votes
6. Re: Montmorency Falls

Sorry to jump in on this thread but its related to Montmorency falls.

How much does the 800 bus cost round trip? I could not find this info on this link provided above!

I am staying for 3 nights in QC old town. Is it worth visiting the falls taking into consideration i have been to Niagara falls (No offense to anyone).

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
81 reviews
15 helpful votes
7. Re: Montmorency Falls

@Maher_DxB:

See RTC (Reseau de Transport de la Capitale) for schedules, maps, fares, passes and so on on the following web page:

https://www.rtcquebec.ca/Default.aspx…

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
647 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
8. Re: Montmorency Falls

Cash for RTC is 3.50 exact change

Tickets are 3.10$ each (2 minimum per purchase)

Best value for tourist is the day pass AT 8.60$

I suggest you to download the RTC nomads app, it will give you real time information, also where to buy fares

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
64 posts
103 reviews
50 helpful votes
9. Re: Montmorency Falls

We took the bus to Montmorency Falls from Quebec City in June. We were staying in the lower city and it was a very easy walk to the bus stop across the street from the Musee de la Civilisation. This was the first bus we took, sorry can’t recall the number, and we had to change to the 800 bus. We simply asked the driver to tell us where to get off to catch the 800. He was very accommodating. I think you need exact change, which we got from our hotel reception desk. The concierge at our hotel was helpful with information, although she insisted the trip would be quicker by taxi. Taxi she said would cost @ $ 20.00 each way. Bus fare was $ 3.25 or $3.50. I can’t recall if we got a transfer to use on the 2nd bus or if we had to pay another $3.00 + We were in no hurry and usually find taking public transportation is a great way to explore a city. The bus lets you off at the top of the Falls. It’s the last stop. From there you can walk down to the suspension bridge and then on to the manoir or other areas. The manoir has a nice outdoor area for lunch. We were quite pleased to be able to explore a new area this way. On the return trip our 2nd bus got stuck in the late afternoon bumper to bumper traffic. So we just got off and walked back to our hotel.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
13,222 posts
78 reviews
66 helpful votes
10. Re: Montmorency Falls

Great information. Thank you

Reply to: Montmorency Falls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted