We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Troubles with Wadi Samrah Resort, Janda Baik

Putrajaya, Malaysia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Troubles with Wadi Samrah Resort, Janda Baik

I am writing to inform of our disappointment on Wadi Samrah Resort’s management in handling our booking to stay at Wadi Samrah Resort, Janda Baik, Bentong, Pahang.

I am writing here as I could not find a page on the resort in tripadvisor.com to provide my review.

We made enquiries on 29 December 2013 regarding staying at Wadi Samrah Resort for a night on 31 December 2013. On 30 December 2013, we confirmed with the resort’s management for the stay on the mentioned date and made our payment as agreed.

On 31 December 2013, we arrived at the resort in the afternoon. After unpacking our belongings, our children changed and went into the resort’s swimming pool. A few of us then started to prepare dinner while others went out to get more groceries.

At 4 pm, when every thing was going smoothly, we were approached by the resort’s manager, who had handled our booking. We were shocked when informed by him that we had to move out. His reason was that the resort’s owner had arrived with his family and friends and they wanted to move in.

We argued that we had made the booking, paid for it and as such, entitled to be there. Howeverso, the manager insisted that we had to move out as the resort’s owner was already waiting. To assist us in finding a place to stay for the night, the manager had made calls and found a nearby resort which management’s had agreed to take us in.

Not wanting to create any scene in front of our children, we reluctantly packed our things and moved out to the nearby resort, which we found was of lower standard than Wadi Samrah.

After our night stay at the resort, we discussed with the manager for a discount as compensation but our request was turned down.

As customers who were looking forward to spend quality family time at Wadi Samrah Resort, we were very disappointed with what had happened.

Appreciate if Wadi Samrah Resort management could ensure quality customer service in the future.

We hope that Wadi Samrah will learn from this experience and improve on its customer service in view of Visit Malaysia Year 2014.

Shamlan

6 replies to this topic
Subang Jaya...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Troubles with Wadi Samrah Resort, Janda Baik

That is so terrible!! thought of going there with my family...changing location!

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Troubles with Wadi Samrah Resort, Janda Baik

If this ever happen to me...I will make sure that they well get a very nice letter from my lawyer. Not even a compensation?? Totally rude and unprofessional. They shouldn't even been in the hospitality business if the owner/management can chase out their guest whenever they want...just imagine the disappointment your children experienced. Wadi Samrah - totally out of my list!!

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Troubles with Wadi Samrah Resort, Janda Baik

I really feel sorry for you and family on your experience....my family organised a family weekend getaway sometime in 2012 at Wadi Samrah....It was a 2 days 1 night stay...the whole estate is indeed beautiful with the stream running within a lake to fish a swiiming pool the karaoke tower etc....but it was also our bad experience withthe management...when we went to recce the place initially....we asked about the aircons whether they were working.....only one aircon inthe main house that is the tv room was working...the person who was showing us around assured us that they will be calling the maintenance people to look into it.

The bathroom sink in one of the bathroom was also leaking. The swiiming pool we were assured that it would be properly cleaned before we arrived.There was a stagnant water feature in the building next to the pool....apparently the fountain no longer works. Ut the water was not drained out.

Since our group consists of 30 pax we were told that some pax could sleep in the room next to the pool...it was messy and air con was not working.We were told they would provide uswith standing fans .

On the day of the recc that was 2 weeks before the actual. date...the fruit trees were bearing fruits and we were assured that should we be there when theres fruits we could eat them...unfortunately when we arrived all the fruits that was there had been harvested.....reason the owner came to collect them....

None of the above were rectified....no air cons no standing fans dirty swimming pool bathroom doors that cannot be locked,etc etc.

What a waste...such a lovely place but poorly maintained......I will not recommend this place to anyone.....the website does not give you proper info...you have to find out yourself.

Heard that a hotel is managing it now but I dont see any updated i fo on this place...I wonder!!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Troubles with Wadi Samrah Resort, Janda Baik

Boycott this resort>>Wadi Samrah resort,Janda Baik

5. Re: Booking Troubles with Wadi Samrah Resort, Janda Baik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 December 2015, 14:05

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Troubles with Wadi Samrah Resort, Janda Baik

I agree. Sue it.

Reply to: Booking Troubles with Wadi Samrah Resort, Janda Baik
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Janda Baik