We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karimun Island

Which Karimun Jawa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Karimun Island

i've seen many beautiful photos of these places but have trouble getting information on how to get to this place. I believe the nearest airport should be Semarang since i am coming from Singapore. What is the best way to get to the island from there on. appreciate if someone could give some tips and directions.Thanks

Cambridge, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Karimun Island

I am just planning to go at the end of this month, so this is what i found, no personal experience... karimunjawa-islands.info/en/info/how-to-get-…

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
76 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Karimun Island

Hi..

From Semarang airport, take a taxi to Terboyo bus station.. Then from there, take a bus to Jepara (about IDR 20.000 - 40.000) and stop in Jepara bus station.. Then go to Jepara port (by becak, about IDR 10.000-20.000), and find the ferry to Karimun (KMP Muria or Bahari)..

These ferry usually depart in the morning, from 6-10AM.. But you should check the schedule first, since not everyday has a same departure time.. There's also 2 kind of ferry, the fast one (2 hours voyage) or the 6 hours one..

If you arrive in Jepara in the afternoon, there's plenty of lodge near the port.. And you can wait until the next morning..

Cambridge, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Karimun Island

And how is weather there at Karimun towards end of February???

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
76 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Karimun Island

I haven't go there this year.. So i don't exactly how's it there.. But, we clearly still in a wet season here..

But according to my experience, noon at the beach, is very rare to catch a hard rain.. Cloudy yes, maybe a drizzle, but maybe not a hard rain..

When it's clear, you'll still be able to sunbath for a couple hours or more.. :)

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
853 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Karimun Island

See my Karimunjawa page on VT:

members.virtualtourist.com/m/c8969/12920d/

February is peak of the rainy season. There is some risk that the ferry service is interrupted because of strong wind and high waves. Inquire with the ASDP, see my page.

Theo

Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Karimun Island

Would there be local tour agency on the ground to arrange for the transfer ? There would be about 12 of us which would include kids (12-15 yr olds) so logistcally it would be ideal for a one stop party arrangement.

Bogor
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Karimun Island

When I went to Karimunjawa, personally I took the KMP Muria from Jepara due to it being cheaper and me and my friend can brought a motorbike. However, there are several other options that visitors to Karimunjawa can choose:

A plane from Semarang to Karimunjawa (but it is expensive and can only take 6 passengers).

Fast boat from Semarang/KMC Kartini (departs from Semarang every Sat at 09.00 am and from Karimunjawa every Sun at 02.00 pm).

Boats/ferry from Jepara: the ferry KMP Muria as well as the fast boat KMC Bahari and KMC Kartini.

For more info about the boats schedules please visit

http://www.jeparadis.com/jadwal%20kapal

For more info about KMC Kartini you can visit www.jatengprov.go.id/?mid=alamatkartini

There are also several tour agencies that offer Karimunjawa tour, such as:

http://www.putrakarimunjawa.com/

http://www.karimunjawatrip.com/

http://www.arrianikarimunjawa.com/

Those websites are in Indonesian, but perhaps google translate will help you get a clearer picture of what they offer :)

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Karimun Island

From semarang airport you should go to semarang pier, it takes longer time if you go from semarang pier with ferry. second way is take a trip to jepara pier, from jepara take bahari express boat, it needs 1,5 hours to reach karimun jawa with bahari express. or you can take KM muria but it takes almost 6 hours in the sea.

keep on eye with boat schedule, km muria depart at 9 am, whether bahari express at 10.30 am.

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Karimun Island

From semarang airport you should go to semarang pier, it takes longer time if you go from semarang pier with ferry. second way is take a trip to jepara pier, from jepara take bahari express boat, it needs 1,5 hours to reach karimun jawa with bahari express. or you can take KM muria but it takes almost 6 hours in the sea.

keep on eye with boat schedule, km muria depart at 9 am, whether bahari express at 10.30 am.

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Karimun Island

Locals said the best weather to take a trip to karimun jawa is from march to august.

Get answers to your questions about Karimun Jawa
Recent Conversations