We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Cancún or Royal Hideaway Playacar

8 posts
Save Topic
Paradisus Cancún or Royal Hideaway Playacar

Hi everyone. We are a couple in our mid thirties looking for a luxury all inclusive but also want a bit of action/party at night. We were considering the Royal Hideaway but worry it may be too mature although like the proximity to bars at night. On the flip side we were thinking of Paradisus Cancún as it has a swim up bar and think maybe Cancún is a little livelier?

Really down to these two as they are coming to the exact same price...we are looking for week before Christmas 2018. The Royal in Playa del Carmen would have been perfect but it’s out of budget. Royal service is also out of budget.

So many great choices would love to hear feedback on the final two!

Rosewood Mayakoba
Rosewood Mayakoba
#1 of 220 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Banyan Tree Mayakoba
Banyan Tree Mayakoba
#2 of 220 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Newport House Playa del Carmen
Newport House Playa del Carmen
#3 of 220 hotels in Playa del Carmen
18 replies to this topic
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Cancún or Royal Hideaway Playacar

Royal Hideaway!!!!

It is so easy to walk to PDC and get nightlife if you want it - SO lively at night!

If I could get the Hideaway at the same price as Paradisus I would book it in a second!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Cancún or Royal Hideaway Playacar

Haven't stayed at Paradisus but at many other adult AIs in the Riviera Maya. I'm twice your age and thought the Royal Hideaway Playacar was boring! Don't forget, if you have to go into Playa for nightlife, it could get a wee bit expensive...…..Outside Playa, Secrets Capri and Silversands have plenty of entertainment day and night. Also, Valentin Imperial Maya. Another thing to think about, is if the pool is heated - water can be quite cool at that time of year.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus Cancún or Royal Hideaway Playacar

I have stayed at both. RHP is a level up from Paradisus Cancun, so if they are pricing out the same, it would be an easy choice for me. Disclaimer: I love a quiet resort—just give me morgue-on-the-beach, and I am happy! That being said, RHP is a 20 minute walk or 5 minute taxi/Uber ride from PDC.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus Cancún or Royal Hideaway Playacar

@ Beyond - while I like the complete opposite.....you certainly made me laugh with "morgue-on-the-beach"!:):)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
964 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus Cancún or Royal Hideaway Playacar

We've stayed at Paradisus Cancun and it is a nice resort but quiet later in the evening. The Riu Palace Las Americas would be a better choice in Cancun in my opinion and should fit your budget. Access to the other Rius and a short walk to the clubs etc.

Either of the Riu Palaces in Playacar would also be a good choices. The Royal would be your best choice but, and the the Hideaway would be too quiet for you.

And by the way, Paradisus Cancun swim up pool is deep and will be cold in late December. The may or not bother you.

Edited: 12 June 2018, 10:51
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus Cancún or Royal Hideaway Playacar

Thanks everyone! I think Royal Hideaway as much as it looks awesome just seems too quiet from what I’m hearing. I don’t know what is is about the Riu Hotels I can’t put my finger on that I keep crossing them off my list...?

Just came across a really low price for Platinum Yucatan Princess all inclusive adults only. Could get a swim out room for less than any other on the list. We can also throw in a car rental and still come out below...again maybe too remote. Also Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is in budget but standard room only. Also seems out of the action a little. Any feedback on the two?

I’ll leave Paradisus Cancún in the running...

I really appreciate the info about the cold water and yes it might lay a factor although we can’t change our dates so maybe a moot point.

One last piece of advise if anyone would be aware...would it be worth waiting to see if The Royal rates come down or is this exceptionally unlikely for December bookings. We are going 16th December to 23rd December.

Thank you!!!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
747 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradisus Cancún or Royal Hideaway Playacar

My wife & I loved Paradisus Cancun, but it was our first AI vacation anywhere, so I have no perspective on how it would compare to other resorts. As mentioned above, it was not as lively as some might like it, especially the younger crowd.

8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradisus Cancún or Royal Hideaway Playacar

Thanks. Good to see some love for Paradisus Cancún. Ok if it’s not too lively just not looking for a stuffy place with too many rules. Cheers!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
747 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradisus Cancún or Royal Hideaway Playacar

No rules at Paradisus as far as I recall, except to relax and have fun! As far as prices, you might wait a little bit, prices may drop as that time of year is slow for these resorts.

Also, you might save by booking directly with the resort. We`booked Paradisus through the Melia resorts website, which was much lower than going through anyone else.

8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradisus Cancún or Royal Hideaway Playacar

Thanks! Will check out the hotel rates direct and see if it comes in less.

Anyone have any feedback on Platinum Yucatan Princess or Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla?

Reply to: Paradisus Cancún or Royal Hideaway Playacar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted