We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basic hotel near ambala cantt railway station

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Basic hotel near ambala cantt railway station

Can anybody advise me for a basic safe hotel near ambala railway station for one night? We will be going to shomla early morning.

Nishith

10 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Basic hotel near ambala cantt railway station

Best way is to reach the place. Make your wife and children seat in a Railway waiting room with baggage etc. and come out of the station and make enquiries. There are always good hotels around and you go and see them personally and negotiate price. I have done this at many places across the country. For one night such a trick comes handy.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Basic hotel near ambala cantt railway station

thnks.I was doing the same thing in young days.now nearing 60 I prefer to have some what easier things.Anyway,thanks for the sugesstion.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Basic hotel near ambala cantt railway station

I plan to go to Ambala in April '12 and from there to Manali. I will be reaching Ambala Cantt railway station at around 1 am (night). I wanted to know if it is safe during that time and whether there are any Good Hotels very close the the Railway station for overnite stay..I will leave the hotel by 6 in the morning for Manali. Pl send Contact details asap...

Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Basic hotel near ambala cantt railway station

I m from bihar.my bank exam held in ambala on7th oct .so me &my lady frnd stay in ambala one night so suggest me cheap & safe hotel..

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Basic hotel near ambala cantt railway station

I m from bihar.my bank exam held in ambala on7th oct .so me &my lady frnd stay in ambala one night so suggest me cheap & safe hotel..

Patna, India
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Basic hotel near ambala cantt railway station

suggest any cheap hotel near ambala cant railway station

Patna, India
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Basic hotel near ambala cantt railway station

suggest any cheap hotel near ambala cant railway station

8. Re: Basic hotel near ambala cantt railway station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 23:31

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
366 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Basic hotel near ambala cantt railway station

Two years ago we were looking for a hotel in middle of night we sort list some from Goibibo and finalise Sobti Plaza which is around 4 km from Amabala railway station believe ahotel is very neat and clean with all latest fittings and prize is also very reasonable you may go there direct and negotiate or search for a good deal at TA.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Basic hotel near ambala cantt railway station

# 3 Options

A) Book Harayana Tourism Hotel in Advance ( 4 kms from Station)

webssite www.haryanatourism.gov.in/showpage.aspx…

B) Lots of Private Hotels in front of Station across Flyover ( Do as Suggested in post 1 my Mr. Sanjiv)

C) Since Toy train start from Kalka Station - Better go to Kalka and stay near Kalka station ( Lots of Buses and Local Taxis are Available )

Edited: 24 July 2017, 00:43
Reply to: Basic hotel near ambala cantt railway station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ambala