We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

War Museum in the Old Italian Barracks

Kirton in Lindsey...
Level Contributor
178 posts
252 reviews
War Museum in the Old Italian Barracks

I asked about this place a couple of years ago because it seemed derelict but the website still showed it as up and running. One of the responses advised that it had a notice on the gate stating that it was closed for refurbishment but giving no completion date. As I’m back in Chania again does anyone know if it’s open or as wick aped is suggests permanently closed and if open what the opening times are?

I’ve visited the maritime museum and the private ware museum on the way to Hora Sfakia several times but never managed this one. I will also be taking a look at the tunnels in Platanias and of course paying respects at Suda

1 reply
The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
26,925 posts
396 reviews
1. Re: War Museum in the Old Italian Barracks

Sorry I can't help (but would be really interested to hear any update) but somewhere else that might interest you are the German Tunnels just outside of Kokkino Chorio (I can give directions) and if you do visit be sure to take a torch https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Rev…

Reply to: War Museum in the Old Italian Barracks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chania Prefecture