We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel room that accomodates up to 4 people

Vienna,VA
Level Contributor
422 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel room that accomodates up to 4 people

I am trying to find a hotel in the Cape Town area for a group of ten, 5 adults and 5 children. I am having a hard time locating a hotel that has two double beds in each room. We are flexible on location and would like a mid-price range. We are there for 4 nights in mid-August. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,131 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel room that accomodates up to 4 people

Most Holiday Inns have 2 double beds - look at the Holiday Inns in Cape Town. August is winter time so you should be able to get a good deal. Alternatively you might be able to get an apartment.

Vienna,VA
Level Contributor
422 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel room that accomodates up to 4 people

Thank you, I did a search on the Holiday Inn website and it came back with max 2 guests/room for the dates I tried.

I think the apartment idea is a good one. I'm going to add that to my search.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,131 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel room that accomodates up to 4 people

I am really surprised at the holiday Inns. What is your budget. If you tell me where you want to stay - what part of Cape Town I will call the holiday Inn and ask them. About tje 4 people story - is it 2 adukts + 2 children? There are also apartments in Mouille Point which is very central which you should be able to get for August

Vienna,VA
Level Contributor
422 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel room that accomodates up to 4 people

That is very nice of you!

. I was thinking three rooms, two w/ 2 adults 2 kids and one w/ 1 adult 1 kid. The Waterfront would be our preference but City Centre is a fine second choice. Not the one by the airport. For budget no more than 1700 Zar per room per night.

And thanks to your suggestion, I'm also checking villas thru trip advisor.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,131 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel room that accomodates up to 4 people

Ok as soon as I get a chance this week will do it!

Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel room that accomodates up to 4 people

We just returned, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom self-catering connected to the Lagoon Hotel for about $100. It is called SunStay and they are agents for the apartments people want to rent out for a couple of weeks.Nice beach. We were a larger group to and we used a driver named Sha (recommended by the hotel) since it was the least expensive way for the group. He got us special treatment on tours, charged a flat rate anywhere in Cape Town and he does have a van. Each night we just went over what we wanted to do, arranged with him the best way to do it and he told us the best way/time to go and was there on Africa time (except for the airport, where he was incredibly punctual) there is a spa, pool and some good places to eat at the hotel next door. There is a great grocery store at the Waterfront, so you kind of get the best of both worlds. Shas number (in case you need airport transport) is 073 276 9103 or info@saashuttles.co.zaand check out the comments about SunStay, the staff and our apartment was great. Have a blast. I hope your trip is as easy and pleasant as ours was.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel room that accomodates up to 4 people

Hi,

You would be more comfortable in two two-bedroom apartments. You can Google 101 Altmore where Linda has two apartments, one on the ground floor and one on the first floor. The winter prices are in the region of R1600.

Romney Park Luxury Suites in Green Point also has lovely two-bedroom suites and in August these would fall within your budget.

Can also recommend Sunstay Lagoon Beach but these apartments are in Milnerton and are not as conveniently located as the Waterfront or Green Point.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,131 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel room that accomodates up to 4 people

You might also want to look at the Peninsula All Suite Hotel which is perfectly positioned in Bantry Bay.They do have 2 anf 3 bedroomed apartments. Its actually a timeshare which in suMmer is full full full. Friends of mine always stay there when they come on holiday from thew U.K. Not sure about prices until I call them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel room that accomodates up to 4 people

We just returned from Cape Town, and stayed for four nights in Waterfront Apartments which we booked through http://www.rentalsincapetown.com. We had apartment 002 Altmore, which was 1 1/2 bedrooms. (There were 3 of us). It cost 6000 Rand for 4 nights, which for 3 people was the most economical option. We were very happy with the location - an easy walk to the centre of waterfront action. We had a balcony which overlooked the canal, kitchen, loungeroom (internet available at extra fee). The whole process from booking online, to payment, manager meeting us on arrival and departure. I do recall seeing 3 bedroom apartments available. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed with something like this and its location. I guess it depends on availability and your price range. Some hotels will give you a bit of a deal - when they can't accommodate your family in one room. When we returned to Cape Town following doing the Garden Route (the apartment wasn't available then) the Commodore Hotel which is adjacent to the Waterfront, when I enquired said they couldn't fit 3 in one room, but would give me a deal on 2 rooms. It worked out a little more than the apartment, but did include breakfast.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel room that accomodates up to 4 people

Oh, and by the way, I would recommend staying near the V & A Waterfront. We checked out all other locations while in CT - and decided the WAterfront was the place to be. There are lots of people around all the time (so you always feel safe), shops of all kinds, street buskers entertaining, endless numbers of restaurants. Cruises leave from here, Robben Island leaves from here. Unless of course you are looking for a beach holiday - but with 4 days, you will be busy fitting in the "things to do" in CT. Try to book your tickets to Robben Island before you get there - we left it until the day we got there and couldn't get tickets during the 4 days we were there. So we booked ahead for our return there a week later. (On that day - people were buying tickets just before boarding - so I guess it's a lucky dip on availability). And if you do intend going to Robben Island, I would recommend reading Long Walk to Freedom. The tour is quite short, and only touches on the history - I found it beneficial to have read the book (my husband hadn't). Have fun - and one tip beware check-ins at airports in SA